Scrabble...Scrabble down

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/scrabble-makes-historic-change-to-game-with-less-competitive-inclusive-version-to-appeal-to-gen-z/ar-BB1ll46H

Seriously?

Snow White your turn…

They changed a product with sagging sales in a hope to attract new customers. :yawning_face: who cares?

1 Like

So they either downsized Srabble or up sized Scrabble Jr.? It is nice to speed up have especially when you have kids who like playing… But also have short attention spans.

But it’s nice to know we have people to inform us on what small insignificant things we should be outraged about if we find ourselves short on larger things to be outraged about.

3 Likes

What’s the average age of the scrabble board game player? 94?

I just can’t understand why someone would be outraged about this.

Who told you I was OUTRAGED?
LIghten up Francis.
I posted it because Scrabble has been played the same way for decades. Why the change now?

1 Like

Seems like the article you posted answered that question. Sales were down. So no need to post if you read the article.

What? Scrabble is played worldwide. It is a difficult game. That is the very essence of the game. That in itself is worth posting.

1 Like

The tone of your post. And I’m not the one that needs to lighten up. Just look at your use of capital letters in that post.

And they just added a version to the game. Who cares?

The NY Post says get excited so people do. This is such a yawner.

2 Likes

This is your opinion. You post sources that are viewed differently by posters. No need to point out the ny post. The ny post is just as good as any of your sources. I am sure we agree on this.

Of course it’s my opinion.

What are my sources?

2 Likes

Lol we will remind you that you said that next time you complain about someone’s source.

We will have to agree to disagree on that.

1 Like

A 2-second Google search shows that this statement is false.

They’ve changed the rules to the main game several times. Made several variations to the game. Offered it on mobile apps, gaming consoles and PCs. All so they keep the game relevant and selling. So explain how this is any different meriting a post on here and space in the NY Post.

2 Likes

Who still plays scrabble? Everyone plays wordle now.

1 Like

“The new launch is a double-sided version of the famous board game — one side with the original game for those who want to stick to the long-time traditional version, and one side with a “less competitive” version to appeal to Gen Z gamers”

So the original version is still included. Nothing burger, but everything Gen Z seems really lame

But change is tough in Beverly Hills and so many other places.

Thus a reason for outrage/grievance. They want their "Scrabble " from the 50s along with everything else from the 50s.