Season Ticket plans announced by UH Athletics

Agree that does not sound too bad… Big time conference with big time opponents!

Current season ticket holders still have dibs, right? I want to renew and buy some more.

No clue, haven’t seen UH say one way or the other yet. In the past UH has allowed new ticket holders to buy previously un sold seats before the season ticket holder upgrade period.

Yeah, it’s too bad someone spent the time to write that novella instead of just getting their act together to actually SELL tickets. It’s kind of stupid.

I disagree, if they just put out a new price sheet with increases - everyone would be complaining about the lack of communication.

4 Likes

Maybe, but the letter without the opportunity to actually buy tickets is UH-stupid.

So, they should have waited to send the letter closer to the on sale date?

The $75 deposit is for new season ticket holders, right? I haven’t received any emails about renewing. This letter is the first email I’ve received about tickets this year.

The letter is nothing. It’s a bunch of words telling us all what we already knew. After spending the time reading it, not a single ticket holder knows what their seats will cost, as the details get lost in the “average.”

It’s basically a weather forecast telling you there’s going to be weather, and it will be different - more to come later.

And now we’re wasting time talking about the stupid letter. :laughing:

3 Likes

Some things I got from the letter:

Raising prices about 30%, but may be more for premium seating and less for not so premium. This is based upon the comment about being dead last in premium pricing.

Feb 20th people can renew or buy. IF you wait until after April 30th, prices will go up again.

Part of the reasoning for the increase amount is 7 games vs 6 games. I would bet money that if it goes to 6 games in 2024, they will NOT reduce prices. It is just an excuse.

Did not mention when current season ticket holders pick their additional seats if adding some. I would assume during the seat selection process for upgrades, and that new season ticket holders will get added in based upon their CP ranking.

Not in the letter, but increasing prices has me wondering if I should call because I have an obstructed view seating that was never mentioned.

2 Likes

Got a call from Issac at ticket office an hour ago. For years my family has sat center upper end zone (started there as a student in 1969.) I was told we would have to move as the end zone’s upper and lower deck will become the student section. He offered Sec 137 @$175/seat. Also said the “away band” will be moving to the upper deck to abide by B12 rules. I asked about the family plan and was told “no family plan” this year.

3 Likes

I had the family plan and Yeoman Hall. I need to keep those 4 family plan numbers.

They are moving the students to the endzone underneath the scoreboard?

Family 4 pack will juat be sold as individual tickets in same location where you had them.

We can add tickets if you have season tickets but will need to call next week. Prices will be out before the 20th.

1 Like

My guess is that the student section that swings around to the sideline will now be premium priced tickets. So those seats move to the second deck end zone opposite jumbotron. At first, I was thinking that they were expanding the number of student seats, but I doubt it. It would have been great to have more students at games. There’ll surely be more interest from the student body with next year’s schedule.

That will probably happen eventually, but until the football building is done, I don’t think it’s happening now.

Those seats in the west end zone are a great place to escape the sun, though. It’s a shame to offer those to the visitors.

1 Like

Students are not changing end zones. What I was told they will be in the lower and upper section of the end zone. Our tickets were in Section 239, students were in the 239 several years ago and as faculty they allowed me to keep my seats. That helped since we put up the end zone UH flags. Now by B12 this is a student only section.

1 Like

Attached are the season ticket prices for Cincinnati and UCF. How do they compare with UH?

2 Likes

1 Like

Looking at the chart, I am pleasantly surprised. My seats will only be $723 each, I was expecting at least $897 which is 30% over the 2021 price which was $690 total. But the 2022 price went down to $575 due to only 6 games.

1 Like