SEC Expansion-- UT, OK

12-6= 6!! :rofl::laughing::smiley:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/lopezonsports/status/1417941879430205448?s=21

UH and SMU to the big 12 would be awesome

no it wouldn’t

7 Likes

I want to believe this but I feel like I have seen this before…lol

Gotta agree, the rest of the little 12 will come crawling to OU and UT and give them WHATEVER they want. It’s a power and $ play pure and simple. Would you rather be an OU and UT as the big boys in a conference where you are making a bunch of money and stacking up Ws or fighting for relevance against Alabama, LSU, ATM, Florida, Georgia, etc…? OU and UT just want to make sure THEIR piggy banks are keeping up with the SEC and other blue bloods like Ohio State. Nothing to see in my opinion.

3 Likes

If this happens, it’s more likely to be TCU and a handful of others to the AAC.

So now the SEC would have 6 teams in the 12 team playoff. They are going to reduce the conference autobids to 5 conference champs. No way they would let 2 G5s get in.

same was said about A&M, will never leave conference with UT.

Well it’s completely different if Texas and OU leave, they have no choice but to expand

Definitely not lol

Think BASKETBALL baby! Could you see eight teams from that conference making the dance!

1 Like

Cincy, Memphis, and UCF are going to be sought after as well. B12 would love to have access to Florida. I would bet that Baylor, Tech, and TCU would prefer excluding UH and inviting these other programs to the weakened B12.

What I’m saying is that Texas has made these plays before for their personal benefit. I don’t trust them to actually go to the SEC. We’ll see.

6 Likes

Imagine the recruits we would get in the BIG12 we would probably get sponsored by Jordan too. More clout and money and better recruits, why would you be against that?

By far this is the biggest story of the Summer relative to how things might impact UH.

Oh yeah I’m just talking about if they actually leave. UH would run the big 12 :triumph: (I hope lol)

3 Likes

I find it interesting that shortly after college players are allowed to “find their market value through NIL”, OU and UT threaten to go to the SEC. Methinks this is a play for OU and UT to get at BUNCH more $ out of the Big12 as they are the conference blue bloods and worth a multiple of 10 more than Iowa State or Kansas State. The fact this popped into the public like this makes me confident that they told the other Big12 teams to pay up, those teams balked so they took it public. It is a win-win for OU and UT at this point. They stay and get paid BIG or leave to a better conference.

2 Likes

We’re not going to the sec so those 2 going there should help open other doors for us. Texas going to the pac , Acc or big reduces our chances. Plus with all those good teams in the sec , it will kill some teams with too many loses. I’d bet miss st , ole miss, Kentucky and vandy vote no.

1 Like

Along with CFP expansion to 12 teams. Which makes you wonder, if the playoff goes to 12 teams both OU and Texas have easier paths in the B12, so why leave? Especially, Texas which continues to print money with the LHN, despite being a mediocre program.

2 Likes