Selling 2 Tickets

I meant in general people keep saying “brokers” are buying tickets, which I am pretty sure is not true. It is just people which will not use their tickets.

I do not think this guy is a broker, just someone not using his ticket.

I have no problem with what he is doing, last I checked this is a capitalist democracy. And if I wanted to buy his tickets? I would instead have to go to stub hub and pay more? Seems like a win win…

2 Likes

Back before the 2016 football season brokers bought thousands of tickets. UH was ranked top 10 and had home games against OU and Louisville to cash in on and OU tickets were only available through season ticket sales.

This year, basketball was coming off it’s first tourney win in over 30+ years. It was opening a brand new state of the art facility. We had Oregon, LSU, Cincy and Wichita State available for only mini game or season ticket package sells. Once the Cougar Pride season ticket holders finished their selection process,over half of the season tickets were available for $300 or less including Cougar Pride donation.

Brokers obviously didn’t buy up thousands but if you don’t think a few hundred season tickets were bought by brokers, you haven’t done the math. It was an easy profit even if the season was on a 20 win instead of 30 win pace.

So these guys lost a lot of money, for most games prices were below $10

The $175 season ticket seats sold for $20 minimum to Oregon, $40 minimum to LSU, $30 minimum to Wichita State. $60 minimum to Cincy and are selling for $50 minimum to UCF. Because for fans of Oregon, LSU, Wichita State and Cincy that went to the game, the choice was buying tickets to games they didnt want to see and reselling them or just going to the third party site and getting the game they wanted. Even if brokers only sold half of the other tickets for $8 and gave away or used the rest themselves, they broke even at worst. Even for the worst brokers, it might not have been worth the time or investment but none of them lost “a lot of money.” They will be investing again next season if we get to the Sweet Sixteen and have 4 big attraction games (not available for single game purchase) like this year.

Over 700 seats available on Vivid, of course brokers are largely responsible.

1 Like

From my recollection you could only sell tickets for face value or below on site. But this might have been when site was hosted at previous location.

The problem with that limitation is that with the contributions that were made to buy certain tickets, it is really hard to place a face value tag on some. Seems to me a workable solution is to just create a new tab for tickets and let the chips fall where they may. Who cares if a broker or scalper shows up occasionally…if a Coog gets a better deal here than on the resale sites, all benefit and we are pretty sure (hopefully) that the good guys will be using the seats… Personally, it seems to me the increased parking and concession revenue are more beneficial than an empty seat.

2 Likes

Second time you made it sound like only Coogs would be buying the tickets from brokers on this site. Pretty sure a bunch of brokers and Oregon, LSU, Cincy and Wichita State fans would have liked using this site to avoid fees. Then of course, this website would have to add messages to anyone visiting that they are not involved in ticket deals made on this website so anything that goes wrong like ticket scams won’t be blamed on Coogfans. Not even sure how that would work legally since this site is a platform and a publisher.

Valid points and pause for thought., might have to research this a bit more and see if any other sites do this.