Semi-OT: #1 overall recruit Arch Manning commits to Texas

This blows. As a general fan of the Manning family I was rooting for Arch to do well. That’s down the drain now.

5 Likes

Hope he shows up to campus in a limo like Sims son did

1 Like

there was a sourced article that left the players names anonymous, but the article noted there was a recruit in the 2023 class that would get 8mill (350k immidetialy, a 2mil a year)

despite never dropping a name, there is a total of 1 high school recruit that could draw that kind of NIL deal, 1 recruit with the brand name to warrant it, 1 recruit whos top school would easily pay that, as the richest in the nation

if i was a betting man id put money on who i think got that deal

If it’s not Arch, it’s likely the qb who committed to Tennessee according to people on ig and Twitter.

1 Like

And transfers to UH after coogs sack ave drops him 7 times in 24 debut game

1 Like

The sec blue bloods like lsu and Bama are gonna regret inviting those 2. The sec was already great and didn’t have to invite them. They would have been better off inviting us bc we wouldn’t cause issues and they would have been in Texas for recruiting.

Ewers will be at Texas for two years. And then to the NFL. Arch will sit for a year behind Ewers.

I think we’ll see Hudson Card and Maalik Murphy transfer, though.

This was the comment I was waiting to see hahaha. Yassss.

1 Like

I hope you didn’t bet, alot.

3 Likes

No major outlet is saying that. Let’s wait.

Neither was the sourced article. It was just a rumor.

Manning will be in the portal when Sark gets fired.

1 Like

I’ve always seen this kid as a bust waiting to happen but maybe not. My Dad knew his Grandfather Archie Manning when he was at Ole Miss so part of me wants to root for his success but I really don’t like how certain UT grads act. I would bet money he’s in the portal before his sophomore year, especially if Quinn Ewers pans out. I just want the boys from Sack Avenue to terrorize whoever their QB is at TDECU at least once! We can and will replace UT in the Big IX.

2 Likes

Good for UT…another win in “recruiting”…been waiting 15 years for some of that to translate into Ws on the field. Will only get harder in the SEC.

https://twitter.com/maxpreps/status/1540018160459567107?s=21&t=-Laz6I5jphQ_-hYzOhBbOw

Pretty crazy stat

3 Likes

Ewers committed to Ohio State. He transferred to Texas.

1 Like

IMO only Vince Young is legit on that list. We’ll see, but the other two didn’t stand out like VY did coming out of Madison…my opinion

1 Like

Vince Young dragged a Madison team that most likely wouldn’t have made the playoffs all the way to the state semifinals and even then it took a shootout with Austin Westlake to bring him down.

1 Like

Looks like he will be there to play UH in 2023 and 2024. I assume he will be starting by at least 2024, probably in 2023. We will need our defense to be ready to shut him down like we did Lamar Jackson.

My biggest concern is not Arch Manning, it is who will be our starting QB in 2023?

4 Likes

This should lock down the preseason top 25 for them. Yea…

2 Likes