Shriner's Classic Game 3: Texas A&M @ 3pm (L 3-2)

Throwing up the thread, but I won’t be attending. I’m in too much pain as I’m not used to the 9 hours of standing, walking, and sitting I did yesterday. Hopefully, the Coogs can salvage one vs the Aggies

MAR 3 (SUN) 3:00 P.M.

VS NO. 23 TEXAS A&M

HOUSTON, TEXAS (MINUTE MAID PARK)

Great job yesterday taking one for the team!! Always appreciate your updates and opinions.

1 Like

I’ll be there with my little one, gonna meet up with one of my best friends from high school that ended up at A&M

The grass at MMP is in awful condition. A lot of cloudy days this winter

Ex-Coog Allonte Wingate playing for the Aggies. Glad he’s still doing well; nice kid.

Through 3: No Score

Aggies have a hit and the Coogs have none, although Triolo did walk in the 1st.

Top 4th

Leadoff single, wild pitch and a double put the Aggies on the board…A&M 1-0

Bottom 4th

Aggies change pitchers after their starter got injured warming up (slipped on the mound)

Burckel leadoff single, Triolo moves him to 2nd on a groundout, Burckel then steals 3rd. Davis walks to put runners on the corners with 1 out. Coogs get nothing out of it though.

Ags lead 1-0

Just not getting the job done with runners in scoring position. 2 left stranded after two opportunities to bring runner at third home.

1 Like

Top 5th

1 out homer…Ags up 2-0

With 2 outs, Lockhart gives up a single and a walk and Rooney brings in Roedahl. Coogs had no pitchers go 5 innings this weekend.

Bottom 5th

Ian McMillan pinch hits for Hyland with 1 out and picks up his first collegiate base hit with a hustle double. Coogs can’t move him

Ags lead 2-0

And another strikeout with a runner in scoring position with less than two outs. Tough to win without getting bat on the ball. I know, season is young, but disappointing non the less. Working on our 9th straight Shriner’s loss. Please prove me wrong!

1 Like

Bottom 6th

With 1 out, Triolo reaches on an error, Davis doubles off the wall, Way walks to load the bases. Padgett grounds into a force out at 2nd, Triolo scores…Ags lead 2-1

Ags to the bullpen. Coogs can’t get anything else

Aggies lead 2-1

Time for team to prove me wrong.

1 Like

Good seeing Roedahl bounce back after his rough outings last weekend.

Edit: I got to learn when to keep my mouth shut

For the umpteenth time this weekend, our pitchers have an 0-2 count on the batter in critical situations and either give up a walk or hit. Ags have bases loaded with no outs in top of eighth. Time to tighten it up.

1 Like

Top 8th

Ags load the bases with no outs after a walk, single, and a walk. Roedahl does get the double play, but it scores a run…Ags lead 3-1

Escapes with only the one run scoring.

Nice dp…run scores but so far disaster averted.

1 Like

Why does Enron Field hate us?

2 Likes