So this is the way it's going to be on this board for the rest of the season?

What most fans don’t realize is that GW brought an extra option to what VH and CMA tried to install here in Houston. They installed a run offense. They (especially VH) tried to turn him into a pocket passer. GW by his standards had a quiet year last year and that was because VH and CMA were coaching him to hang in the pocket longer. KA is exactly what they wanted for the QB position. GW is gone and we have two one dimensional QB’s now. CMA if he is the coach we think he is will adjust the offense to play more into its strength.
My two cents.

1 Like

If by two you mean Allen and Postma, KP is not one dimensional. 15 of 81 on the ground vs Temple is more than Allen had in the previous three games. KP is no GW, but he has enough wheels to run the offense until DK is ready is ready to start.

1 Like

I am sure what he meant is that Postma is more of a runner while Allen strictly a passer. Hopefully King comes along faster than expected and can fill in for Postma. The big question now is what happens to our five star quarterback?

I’m surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned yet…but for better or worse…right or wrong…the entire Coog fanbase is uber-sensitive to how we play (or how everyone else perceives us). I feel like Houston is the de facto G5 team to watch for the next in line to get an invite to a power conference…and with this attention comes quite a bit of anxiety (mostly on the fanbase’s shoulders) as to what type of presentation our football team displays. Sorta like constantly being under the microscope and the pressure associated with that.

Personally, I’m thrilled we won (the alternative is ALWAYS worse)…but don’t feel great about the win…there seems to be so much room for improvement.

6 Likes

That’s any football team (ask Alabama vs Clemson in last year’s championship) that wants to keep winning. If improvements aren’t made weekly, then teams will exploit them.

I just wondered…have you been watching the offense we are rolling out there? People have every right to complain. The offense is horrid almost as putrid as LeBush. Honestly, just as boring. The pity is I’m afraid it won’t get much better.

People do have the right to complain, but if it’s all they do, what worth are they to these boards? Especially if it’s a new week, and we have yet to see what improvements were made after practices. It’s nothing but bad energy and whining…

3 Likes

I get more than enough whining at home from my two boys. Would be nice to get a break from it when I log on here.

4 Likes

Amen, plus it’s way worse when adults do it and expect us to put up with it on here.

4 Likes

Still fighting the good fight I see Portland. There’s going to a special club seat in the afterlife for you.

1 Like

So complaints about our craptastic offense is whining? I didn’t know this was a place for daises and rainbow farts.You want to think everything is wonderful and getting better when I’m seeing the slowest offense we’ve ever had at UH, have at it. I guess I’ll whine somewhere else where people take an objective view.

So what you’re saying is that you need yet another place to vent?

3 Likes

LOL! Settle down, coach. No one is saying we can’t have negative views on here. But you have to admit some of the complaining is a bit over the top on here, especially considering this team with a new coaching staff and missing by far its best offensive player is still 3-1 with a lot of football left to play. If we went 11-1 and won a NY6 bowl, some people on this board would complain about that one loss or that we didn’t crush the opposition by a wide enough margin in every single game.

I agree with you that the offense has been pretty terrible so far, but I don’t believe for a second it can’t improve. We don’t need to fire the OC after 4 games. Not necessarily saying you, but some people need to step back from the ledge. Let’s assess after a full season. In the meantime, I see no reason we can’t have hearty, but civilzed discussion about the pros and cons of this team.

3 Likes

I’d rather see people criticizing rather than being quiet. It means we care. I love the passion our fan base shows. Screw what fans of big programs think of us.

4 Likes

Moreover, coach, complainers generally offer no alternatives or insights to the problems they see. I don’t see too many people on here who see things through rose-colored glasses, but most of us try to be optimistic, in spite of the teams challenges.

2 Likes