So you’re saying there is ACTUALLY a chance?

In the netflix billions they were saying whose house which they copied from us lol

1 Like

Dodds tweeted that Notre Dame (so I am extrapolating to all independents) can only get an at-large bid since they are not in a conference. I wonder if that would motivate ND (ACC), BYU (AAC or MWC) etc to join conferences

1 Like

I’m quite sure both programs are weighing their options as we speak. Should be interesting to see what they decide.

If ND could keep their TV deal, joining the AAC would be their easiest path instead of battling Clemson in the ACC.

And it would add that blue blood we are missing

1 Like

I thought no way would a fair proposal be made, but I’m glad to be wrong. Closing the talent gap and vast gulf in TV money won’t be handicapped by being shut out of contending for a Natty, no matter the unlikelihood of winning 4 games. We can still sell it, same as we do with hoops. This is real progress. Plus, it insulates the P5 from litigation.

Of course, fans will complain over who was cheated out of spot #12 instead of the top four. Gotta love it.

3 Likes

I’m still surprised by the amount of people that still don’t know that contractually ND is not allowed to join a conference that isn’t the ACC until 2035.

1 Like

It’s an interesting time for schools like UH, BYU, and Cinci. I’d guess the top players at our schools are about to start making significantly more money than the 4 star player who mostly played special teams at Bama.

The cartel doesn’t want to give fair access to championships, so I’ll wait for details. This could be a time of great opportunity. I do think the regular P5 members are pushing for change. The B1G schools started publicly grumbling last year.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be in ND’s best interest to join the ACC.

1 Like

It’s the only conference they are allowed to join until 2036.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1403334401950420992?s=21

Indeed their is a chance

1 Like

And TEXAS, with all of their resources/talent/power/arrogance couldn’t have even made it to the playoffs in the last decade with the new format

6 Likes

Well I assure you the committee will find a way to get UT in every playoff. It’s what ESPN wants in it’s expanded playoffs.

2 Likes

That is my immediate reaction as well! Which is the reason why I think they conveniently make it a top-4 team bye! No way it was an accident! But still this system would at least give all the FBS schools a chance to compete for the national title instead of only those so-called “Power5” BS schools!

In addition, it would make college football interesting again since it would promote competition instead of allowing Alabama and Clemson to play for the national title just about every year! This current system is unsustainable since there is only so much interest among the public in wanting to watch Alabama playing Clemson for the national title game! College football playoffs have become extremely lame the last decade!

1 Like

This is the best we can ask for, probably. Especially if it says “Top six” rather than “These five conferences and one from the rest”. Operationally it doesn’t make that much of a difference but it makes our “P6” branding a little less silly.

(Unless Aresco’s effort to get us into the Autonomous 5 is successful, in which case screw the G4.)

My thoughts exactly.
This is truth in the pudding for all of the ut trolls posting and visiting coogfans.

Don’t you just love it?

The committee (whoever they will be when this shakes out) will decide to g5 detriment how the playoff happens. The g5 won’t really be at the table and won’t really have a say. Percentage-wise our chances of reaching the NCG will be the same. And rest assured the money distributed will be by percentage the same or less than it is now.

These are criminals holding their meetings inside the bank vault.

so 6 highest ranked conference champs plus 5 SEC teams and 1 B12 2nd place team if it is Texas or 1 2nd place team from Big 10 or ACC.

If Texas is ranked # 25 , they get in

Lol

2 Likes