Softball

I still consider that Houston.

Angleton also has some good softball players every year too

Yes they’do! My son graduated from Angleton in 1996 and still follows the Wildcats.

1 Like

I graduated in 2019 when we won the State title

1 Like

New assistant coach. Not the coaching change I was hoping for. Wishing her the best, but success starts at the top, and she ain’t doing it. While her hitting coaching looks impressive, how about getting a coach who can recruit a pitcher??? It doesn’t take a genius to see this failing.

https://twitter.com/uhcougarsb/status/1663244855185637389?s=61&t=2rVTHFYtriiyQ1YhNS-gYw

4 Likes

Check out our staff for the answer

Very puzzling hire. We’re going in the absolute wrong direction.

2 Likes

Yeah, Pez is on fire :fire:.

1 Like

I don’t follow the softball program closely but just know it’s not where it needs to be. There’s way too much talent in the City and surrounding areas to not be better.

2 Likes

Y’all keep saying that but now you have to recruit talent that’s now Big 12 caliber, which means a smaller pool to choose from cause that’s a national level talent

This big base outside the city is good for AAC or lower but now your base narrows now which means everyone in the sec and big 12 are recruiting the same athlete offering the same incentives so how do we stand out?

The easiest answer is coaching. Volleyball figured it out, nationally ranked and did great in the NCAA Championship. There are a lot of similarities between the two sports recruiting wise. Maybe the softball coach should ask the VB coach what works for them.

Maybe other factors at work, but to me, that seems to be the best comparison.

2 Likes

volleyball only has 4 local players - the rest were transfers or high schoolers from other cities where you don’t have to deal with negative local recruiting

1 Like

Very true. Maybe softball should try the same thing.

I think we are all on the same page, just want softball to be competitive and enjoy going to a few games.

1 Like

Coaching is the great equalizer, folks!

Softball is pitcher dominant. All you need are 2 aces. These girls can pitch everyday if they need to. And you can small ball the offense, no need to get power hitters. We just need a charismatic coach to get the players.

What we have isn’t one of the charismatic ones plus her record is abysmal.
If you don’t assess coaches on their record, then what else?

Well we did promote her from within. That never works out for UH. Everyone was saying she has OU lineage, yea, as a player when they weren’t dominating. She never coached there.

1 Like

It’s July and the first thing on her Twitter handle is UT Alum. “Houston assistant” isn’t even listed in second spot.

1 Like