Spring Practice 2024

Thanks!

Go Coogs!

Wow! Two consecutive videos where our kids are working on fundamentals, techniques, footwork, hand placement, leverage, and communication. Who knew that coaching was more than walking around with a Red Bull and yelling curse words? We might see some progression next season. We might see a stop on 4th and 20. We might see an offensive line that knows how to run block and create running lanes. Maybe, just maybe, we won’t hear a coach yell out that he can’t coach this $h-+???

8 Likes

We will actually be able to watch the HC post game press conference without puking

9 Likes

To be fair, I never puked watching CDH’s post game presser. Rolled my eyes a lot, but I held to my mantra of publicly supporting the UH coach until he’s not. Sometimes it was very hard. Actually most times it was extremely hard.

7 Likes

It’s hard but just think, if everybody had that kind of strength, we might still have CDH to enjoy!

I don’t have that strength. My attitude is if your coach ain’t GREAT, you need a new one.

Pretty good don’t cut it

1 Like

We didn’t have “pretty good”.

5 Likes

I’ll be glad when they return to practice

Mike, that is my approach exactly !
Go Coogs !

1 Like

We had mediocre, at best

" LATRELL MCCUTCHIN | CB | HOUSTON"

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/big-12-spring-football-rising-stars-top-2024-emerging-talents-for-each-team-228479499/

9 Likes

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-houston-willie-fritz-adding-veteran-pete-brown-to-staff

1 Like

He’s got NJCAA championship to his resume as part of the staff. That’s a good thing
 let’s hope he can add a NC of NCAA CFB to his resume while here with CWF

1 Like
8 Likes

Now all we need is Bob Stitt.

2 Likes

Looks like a WR that could run over DBs. Interesting that they did try him at RB last year but its all WR this year

13 Likes

Good interview with MHP. Well spoken and respectful, e.g., “sir”. I like that.

4 Likes

I think we’re going to be pretty stout at cornerback with McCutchin going into his fourth season (held offers from Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, etc. out of high school), Isaiah Hamilton coming back, the transfers from Syracuse and Southern, and Emery, Shaw, and Patterson returning.

3 Likes

Have noticed players saying how “different” are things now.

In other words, they are seeing an actual football program for the first time.

3 Likes