Still think all Conference Champs should be in CFP

Think of it another way, since the big took the top 3 brands ( ucla isn’t a power) they want 4 bids. Normally the pac might get 1 or 2 and the big would get 2 so they think since we basically combined the best of both it’s 4 bids to big10. The pac is gone so we’re not wasting a bid or 2 giving it to the big10. The sec took 2 brands but the big12 still exists so that does reduce the bids to p4 by 2 bids since the sec wants 4 with the big12 still here needing a bid or 2.In the past the big would get 2 , sec 3, pac 2, Acc 2 and big12 2 before all the movement.

I’m for g5 in the playoffs but only 1 bc the p4 do play tougher slates and if a g5 was in the sec, they’d most often struggle like Arkansas and they were a p5. The polls reward wins and it’s easier to get wins in a p5 so the sec doesn’t want a 11 and 1 getting in over a 9 and 3 sec team knowing the 11 and 1 would have a worse sec record than the 9 and 3 sec one.

There are exceptions like us, Ucf and Cincy but liberty was what I was talking about where they got blown out.

They would really have to look at strength of schedule for a g5 and give 2 bids if worthy like when we beat OU and Louisville we were worthy and proved it beating Fla st.

I don’t agree. And here’s why. The g5 can only control a fraction of the opponents they get to play. There are some very good g5 programs every year. Allowing them only one is essentially making them a sub-division with a media playoff to see who gets to advance. We’ve already co-opted ESPN’s thinking when we say, “people won’t watch.”

I think the playoff should be a device that preserves the great institution of college football, where every game matters and underdogs get their chance to slay Goliath. It should be what is best for the sport, not a method of monopolizing the resources and controlling revenue. I think traditions are more important than money sometimes. This is one of those times. Jmo

Note: I use “tradition” in the sense of fairness, not any structural definition.

3 Likes

Strong conferences vs weak conferences?
Who instigated realignments?
Yes you got it media ROI = money.

You all realize that the ncaa is/represents:
BIG12
big10
sec
acc
PAC
…and all of the other DIV I FBS conferences?..You do right?
So why on earth should any conference have an advantage vs another DIV I FBS? With the same logic why don’t you have schools realign to the so called “smaller” conferences? They won’t because it is about money, not sport.
Furthermore you have more schools going into March madness…and you still have the power conferences. What’s next? Kicking all of the non power conferences out of March madness? Why not? Our own BIG12 is a far superior league than any others. So what about DEMANDING that we have additional March madness representatives?

If the FCS has a real playoff why can’t FBS? All conference champs in + whatever number of at large, say 6.

2 Likes

It has never been about sport. It has always been about money.
Do we all have a short memory?
What did the media say when:
We played FSU.
What did the media say when:
We played oklahoma.
What did the media say when Boise State was beating giants?

1 Like

It’s a stupid, unfair revenue-based model, but it’s the best option that the ACC/Big 12 will get.

Because the CFP is not sanctioned by the NCAA.

March Madness IS sanctioned by the NCAA.

As for me, I think that the PUF $$$ should be split equally between UT and UH - but that has the same probability of happening as all conference champions being invited into the TV network’s CFP.

We have our own PUF now and we should be very grateful this vote passed.

1 Like