Students required to stay home 30 days

I was under the impression this is being legally challenged and not settled.

I don’t agree with Abbott not allowing school districts to have mask mandates. I think he is off base on that. A school board is elected, they can set the rules.

facebook and twitter have to be believed? These are two private companies that have a clear agenda. You might agree with that agenda. That is fine and is only your private opinion. These two private companies are as believable as the National Inquirer. They run opinion pieces and want everyone to believe it.
These two private companies along with google agree to censor the Chinese population from any news detrimental to their “leaders” You want us to believe these three private companies imposing standards on users of their services? You should mention that there was another publication in a country then called the Soviet Union. This publication was called the Pravda.
Time after time these three same private companies censored any covid comments that they did not agree on. Even after being proven wrong it took weeks for these three private companies to finally accept, reluctantly that other forms of covid treatments can work.
Please do not tell us that these three private companies are believable. Was Pravda believable?

What, companies should not follow rules set by the countries they do business in, but instead should follow the laws of the USA? Thanks for that insight Chris!

This is your opinion norbert. These same three private companies have been contradicting the CDC since this pandemic started. I follow the CDC input but I surely do not follow these three private companies that want us to believe they are correct and should be believed. Censoring two huge countries because their dictatorships tell them to do so speaks volume to what these three private companies are and what they stand for.

Plus it sounds like he wants authoritarian control in the US. Really doesn’t like private businesses being able to operate as they like or companies to make profits off things he doesn’t like. Thank all the gods we don’t live in that world. I’ve made money in China before so Chris probably wants me to be kicked out of the country. The irony is he seems to want the US to run just like China, but to what he thinks US morals are. He is the most un-American person on this site. I will continue to pray for him.

1 Like

facebook has such an image/believable issue that it is changing its name.

Do not agree with some?
The sane individuals come back with personal attacks. Why do you think that is?
It just reinforces my point. A debate is listening not Enforcing your views.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been posted, but the USSC just upheld the State of Maine’s vaccine mandate yesterday.

Some in the military may try to challenge that vaccine mandate, but given that George Washington himself ordered (mandated) that the entire Continental Army be vaccinated against smallpox, you can be certain that any challenge such as that is going nowhere.

https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/GW&smallpoxinoculation.html

1 Like

Had not seen that and did know about old GW either; was that a rather visionary thing to do at that time or was he just copying best military practices of the day ?

Now care to speculate how the thing with Texas EO vs Federal mandate play out ?

Edit. Duh ! I see in the article you linked that George was pretty much cutting edge on
military vaccinations per that source.

I can tell you this much. I sure as Hell NEVER had an “optional” vaccine during my military career.

Not sure how this one got to be “optional” until recently. ALL vaccines should be mandatory in the military.

It’s a matter of force protection and force readiness.

Not sure if GW was innovative or revolutionary in that regard, but this definitely debunks any notion that vaccine mandates in the military are either unamerican or unprecedented.

We’ve had them in our military since COLONIAL times.

1 Like

Chris, this is not opinion. If an international company does business in a country, they are required to abide by that country’s rules and LAWS. I hope you don’t travel out of the USA, you might be jailed for thinking that US LAWS follow you to different countries.

norbert is correct here. US companies that operate in China are indeed required to abide by Chinese law while operating there.

Same with US companies that operate in any other foreign countries. They have to abide by those countries’ laws while in that country.

And if an American travels abroad, they have to abide by that country’s laws, just as anyone that travels to the USA has to abide by our laws while they are here.

There is an easy, direct answer to this.
The ccp is a dictatorship. It is not a free society. American, International INFORMATION/NEWS OUTLETS companies have an ethical choice. Either bow to the dictatorship or do not engage in business with it/them.
These same companies would rather sell their souls and promote propaganda than do the right thing. I am a capitalist and very, very proud of it.
These same private companies are the last ones that should tell us what is right or wrong.
Never and I mean NEVER would have had the International Tribune accepted this. Interestingly enough the International Tribune is a “mix” of the NY times and Was post.
I won’t respond to your constant oersonal attacks norbert. Know this I have traveled to many continents and I happen to only speak three languages. I could tell you four but that would be a stretch.

P-S: the last I checked the USA is a free country. The last time I checked China does not have free elections or freedom of information.

This is truly UNREAL that someone could even debate it. Lord have mercy.

When was the last time Fauci treated patients? By all accounts he has not treated a patient(s) since his residency. A lot of his contradictions could have been avoided with a much more “hands on approach” For decades Doctors have complained how disconnected Fauci is from real medicine. When was he appointed? Look it up. He is the perfect example of what bureaucrats are and what they become. It is fine to point out someone but it is highly concerning that an entire nation has had to listen to his constant contradictions.