Support UH Podcasts

Now that we are in college football season, I would like share a few podcasts who support the Coogs and share up-to-date information of everything happening with Cougar Athletics.

The Scott & Holman Pawdcast - Any podcast platform.

Dusty, Sam, and Bobby, UH alums have been covering Houston Athletics for years. They cover every sport (not only football and basketball). They publish on a weekly basis covering each game of the previous week.

Pawd Slama Jama - Any podcast platform + YouTube Channel.

Andy Yanez and Da’Yon Dunlap are also alums that cover Houston Athletics.
Andy Yanez attend every game including away games. They also do a postgame show on YouTube called ‘Let’s Rage Coogs’ with another alum Kris Gardner of the Houston Roundball Review.

Locked On Coogs - Any podcast platform + YouTube Channel.

Hosted by Parker Ainsworth, covers UH athletics with a majority focus on football and basketball. This podcast is posted almost daily with fresh content.

The Houston Roundball Review - Any podcast platform + YouTube Chanel.

Kris Gardner cover UH athletics plus other sports in the Houston area. Right after UH football and basketball games, he along with Andy Yanez host ‘Let’s Rage Coogs’ on his YouTube Channel. It’s a live show where fans can chime in about that day’s matchup. He also does a show on his YouTube channel called Folks Talkin Sports, which is a live show where you can chime in on sports topics of the week.

Coogs’ Corner - Any podcast platform

Jeremy Branham, the voice of UH Athletics on the radio, host the official podcast of Houston Athletics called Coogs Corner. All of the Kelvin Sampson and Dana Holgersen radio shows can be found here.

All of these guys work very hard to give great content to UH fans including great interviews, insight, behind the scenes coverage, stories and stats. But more importantly they do it for the love of the Coogs.

Subscribe to their podcast, like their videos, share their content and turn on notifications to get the latest podcast episode.

P.S. Please add any other podcasts that I may have missed on this list.

*Adding 365 Sports to this list. Podcast and YouTube.They cover Big 12 in general but they do have many segments on UH.

34 Likes

Thanks for the consolidation! Hard to keep up with sometimes.

2 Likes

Great Post!

I am so delighted with the variety and abundance of UH podcasts that we currently have. I remember the days when you would have to scour the internet for UH content.
But my favorite is still Scott and Holman. They’ve doing their podcast since 2015. And I appreciate that they cover every single sport. I am amazed that they can have an educated opinion on all of the various olympic sports. And they recently launched a Youtube video podcast as well.

Thank you to all the great cougars doing great work!

3 Likes

Awesome list! I listen to/subscribe to all of them.

I’ll add 365 Sports on Youtube, starting at 3pm live. Although they’re out of Waco and started as a Baylor podcast, they’ve branched out to become a more general CFB (and other sports) podcast since the B12 expanded. Still have a B12 focus though.

They frequently have UH themed guests, including Pez, Duarte etc. They’ve had Dana and Kelvin on too. Chat board is lively.

6 Likes

365 is great for all big 12 coverage

3 Likes

I listen to Locked On Coogs, are the others ones about the same quality?

Yes, they all are of great quality. They each have their unique style, but they are very knowledgeable about UH athletics. I can verify that each of these podcasts had interviewed AD Pez, a UH coach, and a UH player so they are pretty legit.

1 Like

We complained for years about lack of content, now that we have some people putting out the work, let’s support it

7 Likes

I regularly listen to the Ainsworth podcast.

Always lots of good info!

1 Like

Are these all weekly podcasts?

Ainsworth’s is a DAILY podcast.

Only Locked On Coogs is daily. The others are weekly.

1 Like

I like the Locked On Coogs podcast. Parker does a good job.

But don’t sleep on the UH Athletics official podcast “Coogs Corner”. Jeremy Branham does a great job speaking with legit guests. His last podcast had a great interview with Comissioner Brett Yormark.

Update:
Andy Yanez is coaching HS hoop & teaching English now.
Show goes on with Da’Yon & Kris Gardener. Sept 2nd is next show.

Andy is writing weekly for GoCoogs. Called Andy Plan.

3 Likes

I enjoy locked on coogs and locked on big 12 and check in to see what theyre covering every day.

Dang, Andy did great coverage but I’m sure he’ll be good at coaching and teaching

1 Like

I like “Locked On Coogs”.

Haven’t listened/watched the others, but will check them out.

3 Likes

In case you missed it:

4 Likes

Thx for the highlight :blush:!!!

Kris Gardner, Andy Yanez on HRR and “Let’s Rage Coogs” are solid.

Good listen after games

3 Likes