T&F regionals Arkansas

Just starting on espn3. Production team needs to get their shiite together. Horrible.

De’Vion Wilson wins his heat in the 110m hurdles in what appears to be the best time of the year in the NCAA. 13.24.

Hinchcliffe and Maswanganyi go 1-2 in the 100 at 10 flat and 10:03 Impressive. Best two times in qualifying.

7 Likes

Today

Uh doing well. MUCH more here.
https://x.com/UHCougarTF

7 Likes

Watched her race. She won in dominating fashion.

3 Likes

Houston women’s side has three future Olympians at minimum.

3 Likes

Mouton’s 400m time is an automatic qualifier for the USATF Olympic Trials. :grin:

Townsend’s 400mH time is an automatic qualifier for the USATF Olympic Trials. :grin:

4 Likes

Heads up for the schedule change for today’s quarterfinals.
Now showing 4x100 starting at 3:45

1 Like

4x100m is on ESPN+ right now.

Camera work is shoddy (only showed the Coogs on 1.5 legs of the race) but Coogs run an easy 38.80 to win the heat, with Maswanganyi really cooling off the last 20 meters.

2 Likes

Production values on this feed are horrible. They leave the graphics up way too long, lose all feel for the event as a whole. ESPN should be ashamed.

2 Likes

The AAC Championships the last few years were much much better productions. They don’t even have commentators, just using the stadium PA announcer.

1 Like

Someone PLEASE tell the cameraman that lanes 7-8-9 are not “1st-2nd-3rd place”. Those are the only runners in the frame for the first half of the race.

2 Likes

There are so many things wrong, I love to watch the runners being introduced, you get a so much better feel for the event. Also, the athletes who made it this far deserve their face time! Imagine being a family member or friend never getting to see them.

4 Likes

For a quick comparison, switch over to the East Regionals. It’s night and day. Commentators, competent camera work, and great “face time” for the athletes instead of five minutes of full screen graphics.

1 Like

Exactly. I watched a little bit on Wednesday before the west started. Amazing how much better and professional.

3 Likes

Wilson wins his heat and is off to Oregon

3 Likes

Wilson with the PB and overall #1 time, 13.24.

100m up next. The two season-leading times in 100m are facing each other in Heat 1.

OMG!!!

Hinchliffe 9.84
Maswanganyi 9.89

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

5 Likes

Wow! 9.84 and 9.89 for Hinchliffe and Maswanganyi respectively

1 Like

I believe those are the two fastest times in the world this year!!!

3 Likes

Hinchcliffe only a sophomore. Transferred from Washington State. Has lowered his time by about a 1/4 second this year. Coach must know what he is doing. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just realized they’re not wind legal. :slightly_frowning_face: 2.5 m/s.

But Hinchliffe with the fastest all conditions time this year. (Previous #1 was with 5.5 m/s wind).

1 Like

David Ajama witH a PB triple jump to finish fourth. Huge increase. Great regional showing for all, including Sampy with a tie for 1st in the pole vault. Well positioned heading to Oregon!

I love T&F. :sunglasses:

3 Likes