Tank Dell

We didn’t beat RICE either

Doesn’t Tank just make UH PROUD!!!

1 Like

Until the following . . . . . @AriA1exander

: “Is there anyone you would like as the head coach of Houston?” Tank: “Yeah, Coach Holgorsen.”

1 Like

He has his coach’s back which is an admirable trait. That doesn’t tarnish him at all and makes me prouder.

13 Likes

Tank = class, on and off the field. That is what all coogs should be. Hope that is what is still taught here.

4 Likes

Tank Dell’s ankle got caught u see the pile on a goal line run play. Looks like it’s serious because players immediately called over training staff.

Being carted off now.

Nevermind. Disregard the original thread and just read the 48 other threads started after this one.

Man that sucks, he was having and incredible year and is a huge part of what has made the Texans good this year

10 Likes

I absolutely hate this for Tank and the team……

Really sucks how it happened……never should have been in that pile.

7 Likes

IMO, the blame falls on the shoulders of Ryans or the OC. Dell shouldn’t have been anywhere near that pile. Now the most exciting player on the team is out of action for the remainder of the season.

1 Like

Nonsense that it should never have happened. Its football. Dell also does something that most receivers do not do…that is block. That is why his teammates love him.

Great news that Dell underwent successful surgery yesterday and should be ready next year.

6 Likes

Disagree with you completely.

Tank does not need to be in a pile for a dive up the middle to prove anything to his teammates….that is
“Non-sense”.
Go and ask his teammates now what they think….would they rather have him on the field the rest of the season or be hurt because he was blocking on that play.

If Tank gets hurt because he was blocking outside on a run play, screen, etc. then so be it, it’s football….but you don’t put yourself in a position like that when you add nothing to the success of the play.

Every single one of those coaches would take a do-over on that play, not one would say we would do it again just like that.

3 Likes

I agree. The Texans didn’t draft Tank for his blocking ability. The guy is 5’8. He’s isn’t going to move anybody. Unfortunately, they learned their lesson the hard way. Guaranteed he’s not doing that again.

5 Likes

I agree with some points, but his blocking should be on the edge and downfield. In a goal line scrum, I think another tight end or lineman in the back field would have been more appropriate, IMHO.

2 Likes

Looks like the Denver DT tried to inflict a little pain in the pile. I don’t doubt this happens often. What do y’all think of this? Consqeuences?

"SHOCKING: On closer look of Tank’s injury, Broncos DT DJ Jones is seen digging his elbow into Dell’s leg

Although Tank should have not been near that pile, if the NFL is concerned about player safety, there should be consequences for this…"

https://x.com/ClutchCityENTX/status/1731716956930126259?s=20https://x.com/ClutchCityENTX/status/1731716956930126259?s=20

4 Likes