TDECU Stadium Renovations & Expansions

Not seeing any updates on stadium construction, so here is my idea for expansion. Just a copy of the south grandstand, pasted on the north side in place of the third deck. Also tried to capture the west side expanded second deck and larger videoboard. The new northside third deck could continue around the east endzone and meet the south side grandstand to create a horseshoe.

Current

Expanded

2 Likes

The most recent update I could find on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1742965949613924595

3 Likes

This is probably the best site to keep up with construction projects around campus.

5 Likes

Expand ? We already can’t sell the seats we currently have.

36 Likes

Not with that attitude

12 Likes

I’m sure he attends games. His attitude is probably fine.

Our problem is we can’t get the rest of the city (and most importantly, alums and students) to attend games in mass. We just entered the Big 12, we should have sold out our stadium easily for every game.

5 Likes

Agreed. And as discussed ad nauseum. CDH was a cancer. Think we’ll get up to respectable attendance levels going forward with a stable program and real community outreach.

9 Likes

I never miss a game and my point is we need some demand for the seats we have before we think about expanding. If we sell out for 5yrs or more then we can think about expanding. There is a reason tickets for games this year were going for $5 its because there was no demand for them and people were trying to get something instead of just giving them away.

3 Likes

“…real community outreach.” has been a HUGE problem since I was a student.

5 Likes

Would be great to see some pics of the endzone area from the field. Don’t know that would be easy to get or not.

Pez posted one on Twitter when they first got going, tearing up the field and whatnot I’ll see if I can find it. Hopefully they get a couple construction cameras up as well.

https://twitter.com/CPezman/status/1735428234840261095

This is all I could find. Not much to see just yet.

2 Likes

meh…no palm tress…

17 Likes

I was just there today. There is a crain inside the stadium and old scoreboard is down. Lots of dirt where the footprint of the facility will be.

2 Likes

What work are they doing? Other than building the ops facility which I assume will connect to the stadium.

I do hope it expands to 60,000. 40,000 seems a little too small imo.

1 Like

It would only be small if we filled the venue. Right now it’s the perfect size. Maybe one day before I’m dead (I’m a young middle aged) we’ll have a 60k+ average.

8 Likes

We appear to have learned nothing from the success of the Fertitta Center. It is not 1990. Seating capacity does not determine what constitutes a “big time” program as much as atmosphere. 38K in a 40K stadium creates an electric atmosphere. Same crowd in a 60K stadium is dull.

15 Likes

Wait a minute? We do not have a $1B+ laying around?
Here is the best stadium upgrade for the best soccer club team. Enjoy please pay close attention to the roof and field. When there is a will there is a way.

I did not see palm trees, Canary Palms.

6 Likes

They are replacing the west side second deck and video board with this:

12 Likes