Team Gear

How come UH fans never gets the special Veterans day gear etc… Why isn’t alot of the sideline gear for FB or BB not available to purchase so frustrating. This along with the bookstore always being closed on game day.

3 Likes

I have beaten this drum for years. As an ootc, it is almost impossible to find UH gear. It falls back to the athletic department and marketing agreements. Our agreements are terrible. I was in Houston earlier this year, and even then, had trouble finding some of the things I wanted.

It’s my hope that we’re now in the Big XII, it will get better.

1 Like

I own the polo.

Houston Operation Hat Trick Gear, Houston Cougars College OHT Apparel, Houston Operation Hat Trick | Fanatics

7 Likes

Those have been out for some time. I was thinking of the sideline gear almost all the other nike teams were wearing this weekend.

Well, that’s an ugly looking shirt. Why would any self-respecting cougar wear that? :face_vomiting: :wink:

11 Likes

Nike does not treat UH the same as the other big schools because we don’t sell merch like those other teams. It has nothing to do with the athletic department - why would Nike spend time putting UH stuff in their production line when there’s only a hand full of people in the stands every week

1 Like

This, exactly. Not to try and disparage but have you seen what most of our fans wear? Team merch from the Dimel and Briles’ days. Also, way too many t-shirts and not enough polos. Would you want to do business with UH and their fanbase or focus your efforts elsewhere? I too am always incredibly frustrated with the offerings but that’s not on our athletic department (at least not historically) … It’s on our fanbase.

4 Likes

Hard to buy new gear when it is not available

3 Likes

Nice… I love tge black & white camo!

The UC store is open every Saturday. I go all the time and was there this past Saturday too.

Yes our merch sucks but the UC store does have a few Peter Millar and Johnnie O options for the fancy pants Coogfan.

As someone else said, we gotta buy the good stuff (without waiting for it to go on sale) if we want them to offer more good stuff.

2 Likes

Was closed by the time I got there before FB game. On game days it should stay open at least 30 min until kickoff or until kickoff.

It has more to do with the vendors than the retailers in my opinion. Keep shopping, keep buying stuff from every retailer you can find. One of these days the demand, a long with team success (basketball at least) will help break the dam.

Anyone know if they sell the golf team hats?

Need the UH golf apparel injected into my veins man, I would bring the Brinks truck for that

4 Likes

I agree 100%. Fire Pez and start hammering out some stitching.

From what I’ve heard over the years, licensing for UH merch is a nightmare and pushes a lot of vendors away, especially smaller boutique vendors.

For sure! I’ve even emailed Coach Dismuke asking. I would have payed a TON for the hoodies the golf team wore on the field on Saturday.

3 Likes

We are finally included in an exclusive apparel line. Going to be hard on you old guys because it will probably be hip and trendy, but also looks like they are using the skinny logo.

2 Likes

It sucks that Travis Scott isn’t doing his launch at the actual university, instead going to the Galleria and Memorial City Mall. UT and Aggie launch had miles of students lining up to get his gear at their campus bookstores. Sigh…

1 Like

https://www.cactusjackfanatics.com/houston-cougars/t-45069650+z-9529815-2217912541

Not bad designs. I don’t like it enough to pay those prices.

2 Likes