Tech, Baylor, and TCU tried to keep us out

How about nobody share any opinions about any politics on this board, and everybody keep their feelings about Texas politics, California politics, national politics, etc. to themselves?

There are literally hundreds of thousands of other sites on the interwebs where you can argue about politics with people whose minds you’ll never change.

10 Likes

My point, exactly . . . . .

Lol

Fear and jealousy simple as that afraid of our past success and possible future success. THEY RELEASED THE KRACKEN!

It’s beyond pathetic that these Texas schools (Tech, Baylor, and TCU) would rather suffer than allow UH to play on the same level playing field as them! It just doesn’t make sense! If they truly believe they are better than UH than why are they trying to put UH down instead of proving it by allowing UH to compete against them on a level playing field? Unless, of course, they don’t believe they could compete against UH in any field that is remotely level! Trying to keep UH down to the point that it is actually hurting themselves! How pathetic is that?

3 Likes

They feared getting their arses beat by us more than the fear of losing money and recruits to other conferences if the Houston market were completely raided by other conferences!

On another board. The no politics rule has long been a part of CoogFans TOS.

1 Like

There is NO REASON why we shouldn’t be the obvious third most high profile, successful, valuable athletic program in the state of Texas within 5 years of joining the Big 12.

The D1 hierarchy will clearly be:

Texas
Texas A&M

Houston

Texas Tech/Baylor/TCU

UTSA/ SMU/ Rice/ North Texas/ UTEP/ Sam Houston / Texas State

UT-RGV depending on where they end up

Texas Tech/ Baylor / TCU know this…they aren’t dumb. They know inviting UH moves UH from the group below them to a spot above them.

Look what we are doing now when we finally have a commitment from our administration…imagine how high we will go with P5 resources and recruits.

1 Like

I agree 1927…but frankly, I don’t know why UH would be a tier below UT and TAMU…there is absolutely no reason UH cannot become what Miami was in its heyday…the undisputed best program in the state.

To my knowledge, their is no better recruiting area in the country than the Houston area. With the coming P5 classification, there will no reason for the top recruits in this area to pick UT and TAMU over Houston, unless they want to be a part of two middle of the road SEC programs. Now, obviously, blue blood programs around the country will still get their share of blue chip recruits, but that’s another discussion.

2 Likes

UH will get their fair share of 4 and 5 star I believe, what you want are kids who want to be part of the program and who has the measurable’s and can be coached up. One thing that can’t be measured is heart. Like Dana said the avg star rating of NFL player is 2.9.

1 Like

Great article.

We all remember 1996 and the reality that UH was not prepared.

“We’re not losing no more.”

YOU SIR NAILED IT.

How did we do when we started playing in the SWC friends?
WE WON RIGHT AWAY.
Does anybody think on Coogfans it made the great satan/ultimate maggots and atm happy?
Of course they were not.
What did they do?
They sent the ncaa rottweilers and pitfalls after us.
Still we managed to be competitive and win.
What did they do?
Sent bigger and more rottweilers and pitfalls after our entire program.
We still managed a Heisman and then a 10-1 season with a depleted roster.
At that point our multiple momentums were extinguished.
This is the formula to kill a young program on the verge of National dominance.
What these maggots wanted/want was us stopping our football.
They almost succeeded. It was that close.
They did not get what they wanted.
What did they do?
They used a giant cowboy boot and kicked us as far as they could to the nearest landfill aka C-USA.
After surviving all of the above we find ourselves in a Power conference again. All our ex-SWC brothers did not want us in.
Do I smell a cow manure foul odor?
YOU DAMN WELL I DO!!!
There is one thing I have learned from our SWC days. Be aware of the cow manure stitch.
Why now they would let us compete in a Power conference any Power conference?
I 100% hope I am wrong but since IMO we can be another Miami and much more we ought to be ready for ANYTHING that comes our way.
GO COOGS
EAT THEM UP

7 Likes

Hell, If I were them I would have tried to keep us out too.

The elevation of the University of Houston to P5 status will be something that every university in this state will regret.

4 Likes

This is exactly why I smell cow manure.
While listening to Sirius espn the host “slipped” and let out "We don’t know what will happen with tee tech and expansion. He quickly changed to another subject. These same “slipped” keep happening. The cfp renegotiation is now pushed back to January. Stay tuned.

For a start, let’s start recruiting better than Tech/Baylor/TCU. I believe we could and should.

We need gameday experience to be like 2015-16 and then recruits will flock to UH.

1 Like

If I were them I’d be concerned about looking like chicken droppings and would welcome the challenge instead of ducking it?

Do I get points for two poultry references?

1 Like

You get three points for swearing without really swearing. That is a lost art.

My favorite is “that is biggest bunch of bean dip I have ever heard”.

We have lost the art of being gentlemen while we aren’t being gentlemanly.

Bravo.

6 Likes

Shut the front door! That son of a biscuit is correct.

2 Likes

No truer words have been spoken. This isn’t your pops UH, RK’s vision is a National Powerhouse and they just opened the door…would you let Brad Pitt take your wife out ???

The beauty is the Genie is out of the bottle now and there is no putting her back in

Go Coogs

2 Likes

Depends on how much money he’s going to give me. She wins and I win. Just kidding!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like