Tech, Baylor, and TCU tried to keep us out

I noticed that paragraph, too. I had figured that line in our application letter was pro-forma, but apparently not!

All of the animosity comes back to whom?
No need to mention who that us and yes the PUF is closed shut to us.

Who created this animosity by their own actions?

You know the answer. For the ones that fo not educate yourself please.

1 Like

Well said and very true 97 ! I am truly proud that our Great University now has the clout to make B12 possible. If folks think politics are not a part of the realignment process guess again .
Go Coogs …Beat the bCats !

1 Like

Baylor, TCU, Tech and SMU all battle it out in the DFW Metroplex while we’re the only one with a major presence in H-Town. A&M is 90+ miles up the road and also has Houston proximity in its favor but the OK schools and UT are stronger in DFW as well.

1 Like

If you don’t live in Texas, what business of yours is Texas politics?

4 Likes

Growing up in Baton Rouge in the 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s, I was an LSU fan and did go to LSU for 5 semesters. At that time, Ole Miss was our biggest rival and we “hated” each other at kick off; but after the games, we would party with each other, the losers tolerating the winners. Regardless, all of the “hate” was actually just good fun trying to outdo each other’s antics. There was one thing always apparent, we respected each other and there was that family type thing where, “I can call my brother a creep if I want to, but you better keep your mouth shut.” Over here, there is genuine hate.

That was then. I haven’t lived in Baton Rouge since 1973 and have no idea how things are now. Today’s younger folks are so different than back then, there’s no telling what’s happening now.

1 Like

I used to think 100% that Dan Patrick was the worst thing to ever happen to my native state but now…with this news …I am only 99% sure.

…also, its only because he knows the University of Houston has the biggest ceiling over the Big 12 Texas schools and he didn’t want to see the opportunities going out of state.

Especially with a Texas school (UT) leaving.

If supporting UH in the future doesn’t help whatever his agenda is of that day, he will act accordingly.

Politicians gonna politician !

11 Likes

Two reasons I still have a vested interest in the good of the University of Houston for one

Second all politics is national politics especially when coming out of either Texas or California. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool, a liar, or both.

But also who died and made you Mr. Gatekeeper?

4 Likes

Nobody made me anything, I just never understood people getting involved in other state’s internal politics and wondered why you were interested. Unless Patrick runs for national office, I don’t see how what we do inside Texas affects you. Now, members of the US house of representatives and Senate is an entirely different thing. Their votes affect the whole country.

2 Likes

I share opinions about Florida politicians and I don’t live in Florida.

2 Likes

Any way you look at it and putting politics aside (if that possible in an incredibly polarized society) its a good read and story. My dad went to Tech, my grandfather Baylor, and my son and I are U of H alums. i’m just glad to be in the group, and I hope we never go to the PAC. I will be retired in two years and will spend the rest of my life road tripping as part of my retirement plans.
Go Coogs, beat Cinci.

Rad tripping sounds better-suited for the PAC, to be honest. :wink:

1 Like

I’m curious SB Coog…

By tripping do you mean taking road trips around the country to see the Coogs?

Or tripping as in… tripping… psychedelic style.

(No judgement here just curious what someone so close to retirement means by this haha)

1 Like

A round robin eliminate all ooc games. With divisions you can have 5 div. games, 3 cross div games, and 3 ooc games.

It helps to use spell check. Thanks for alerting me to the typo.
funny

The only out of state politicians I care about are ones with presidential or congressional asperations.

My wife’s side is Baylor and they never said “so glad your are part of the Big 12”.

Dan Patrick supports of UH has nothing to do with politics. He has been on our side since he pretty much moved to Houston. Ask matt thomas how he feels about uh…he got its start with Dan at KSEV. The was the screen caller.

3 Likes

How about every Arkansas fan in '69 ? ? ? ? ?

How much politics are we allowed to share on this board? Can I comment about my feeling for the current POTUS ? ? ? ? ? The prior POTUS ? ? ? ? ? The governor of Cal or Florida ? ? ? ? ? Where does it begin and where does it end ? ? ? ? ?

WTF?