Terrance Arceneaux wants to Play 3-4 Seasons at Houston

Easy with the “I told ya” that’ll get you in trouble quick. No contests on Coogfans.

2 Likes

Told me what? He hasn’t played a basketball game yet? What did you tell me ?

4 Likes

Of course not the season hasn’t started. Just wait and be patient little bro.

I just looked at the roster again… Man… I can’t wait for tip-off!

3 Likes

How does he get the playing time to put his skills on tape for NBA scouts? We’ll have Shead at the point, and Sasser off the ball at the other guard spot with Mark at the wing (small forward for you old heads lol). Off the bench we have Ramon Walker, Emanuel Sharp and Mylik Wilson all vying for playing time. Talent will ultimately win so I’m not worried, per se. These are good problems to have. In Sampson we trust.

1 Like

His calling card is going to be defense, probably will be our best wing defender.

5 Likes

Man… Our perimeter defense is going to be RIDICULOUS!!!

3 Likes

Man what are you talking about? Why do you keep calling me “little bro” like I know you :joy: ? Nvm I ain’t getting into all your petty stuff.

Main reason why I think he’s a 2 and done. Plus Sampson saying he has a lot of work to do with his body. Having a weaker schedule will help get him some PT. Guards are just so deep. You can make an argument for any of them being first off the bench. I think wilson and Ramon probably the safest bets to be first off bench.

1 Like

I am not normally one clamoring for anything more than an 8 1/5 - 9 man rotation. However I am interested in seeing what a line change with this team would like.
So coming off the bench with Wilson, Sharp, Arceneaux, RW and Roberts then using Francis as a 3 man rotation in the middle.

Not for every game, but would love to see it some games.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see how quick Sampson pulls the starters. I’m hoping he’s a little quicker than usual. If we up 30 with 6-7 minute left just let’s the bench unit finish the game. Which seems like will be a lot of the time based on our schedule :joy:

2 Likes

You guys know the NBA draft is about potential and not production unless you are older. Peyton Watson was a 1st Rd pick and averaged 3 pts a game.

2 Likes

I’m aware, I just think he’s a 2 and done, not that it’s impossible for him to be a 1 and done, just think he will be here next year. Not the craziest thing in the world so say he’s a 1 and done I just don’t see it personally.

2 Likes

I actually agree but it’s more about him being physically ready. He is pretty thin and the roster has him at 6-5 which is big difference from 6-7.

That’s what I’m saying and I think him not being physically ready, he might not play as much as some think. But he has the pro intangibles and I don’t think he will be here long. I see a lot of people compare him to minott which is a fair comparison, minott is 6’9 though he’s a little bigger

Speaking of roster I was really surprised powell is still lister at 210, he weighs as much as Roman Walker. Jarace at 6’8 235 with the way he can move is nasty :fire:. Wilson needs to beef up he’s only at 170, bishop will get to work on that, Taze was around that weight coming in. Sharp at 205 is really nice what a job by him and bishop. Should really help is overall game especially defense

6 Likes

Some guys can eat and eat and eat and still can’t gain weight. Metabolism is a funny thing. I have the antidote to that. :rofl: Even at 210 Powell I still think will be a beast defensively. He’s got the game to where if you pump fake him in the air, he’ll be able to get off the ground again to block a shot. Not that Sampson has his bigs playing solely one on one defense anyway with the way he has his guys swarming the post.

This is the big question and it’s probably the reason why Francis jumped ahead of him in the rotation, we know powell has the better offensive game

1 Like

Dude you realize that isn’t the official roster right.

Yes I know it’s not the official