Texans can't do wrong right

Now watch the Colts trade up to #1.

3 Likes

Personally, I like Young better than Stroud. Something about his poise in the pocket. Played in Bill O’Brien’s system which is pretty complex and more pro ready. Ohio State spread the field in more of an RPO style that doesn’t translate as well in the pros.

And there is no reasoning behind this but Ohio State QBs never have made a name for themselves in the NFL. The jury’s still out on Fields of course, but Haskins, Troy Anith, Cardelle Jones, Terrell Pryor, Bobby Hoying, etc never amounted to anything really.

At least with Bama you’ve got some recent success with Tua and Hurts. Mac Jones is looking like a backup.

2 Likes

I don’t trust any OSU qb but Young’s size scares me big time. He is Kyler Murray type small it will be interesting to see how tall he measures at the combine.

Yeah, that is the obvious concern with his size. Hoping he is durable and a unicorn like Brees was. Someone is going to pay a king’s ransom to trade with Chicago. I guess it will depend on who that is and which QB they favor.

Unbelievable some on this website wanted Lovie Smith as a HC. Lovie has proven to be a good Assistant Coach but never a good HC. Understand the difference. The entire Texans organization is mirroring what the Clippers did for decades. Collect media money and give the middle finger to their season ticket holders and the city of Houston. But wait there is more. Reliant or NRG stadium is not owned by the Texans. It is owned by Harris County tax payers. Speak about adding salt to injury. The nba and mlb force owners to sell their franchise for malicious or indecent business practices. Do you realize the nfl hardly does this?
Doesn’t snyderthepervlowlifecommanders still own his franchise?

2 Likes

Young’s numbers were pretty close to his heisman year and Bama didn’t have the stacked WR corp they usually have this year.

Stroud benefitted from probably have the most talented WR group in college football this year.

2 Likes

Very likely.

Then we can have years of Young vs. Stroud

Yeah, that is a great point. Stroud’s WR core’s been stacked since he got there. Young didn’t have Metchie or Jameson Williams this past season and he still lit it up.

Plus
losing the 1st overall pick makes it that much harder to lure Coach Peyton here.

We’d probably have to give up the other 1st round pick to acquire him from the Saints.

The Texans can still royally blow the draft and coaching hire (again).

Nothing from Kirby surprises me anymore.

Watch them give up draft equity to move up 1 spot when they could have had the overall #1 for free.

1 Like

Who the hell knows whos gonna be a great qb in the draft without coaching?? Look at what good offensive coaching has done for tua and trevor Lawrence
who both were not good last year.

When the Brian Flores story came out, the Texans certainly shied away from the Josh McCown rumors and turned to Lovie. It was such a transparent hiring. And completely stupid. The Texans put them in that situation when they hired Culley the year before and that is what losers do.

Casserio hiring a 3rd coach in as many seasons is a recipe for disaster. And you can forget getting a guy like Harbaugh because he is going to want control, so Denver or Indianapolis will be the best fit for him.

Look at last offseason season, there was no way we were going to get McDaniel or O’Connell. Both guys on were on the Texans short list and they had much better options with Miami and Minnesota.

The Texans still have so many needs. QB, WR, ILB, Edge and interior line. Green and Stingley Jr didn’t exactly light the world on fire their first season, so the verdict on Casserio isn’t looking good. Still too soon to tell.

1 Like

You think the Texans will ever be in a game that actually matters again?

Its not that complex. If you lost 45-0 one week and gave up 600 yards you obviously have some problems. You’d get lottery credits for that week, even though you might play better the rest of the year. This way you wouldn’t have two teams trying to lose out the last three games. By being dreadful, say 2-14 you’re still gonna have better odds than the team that finishes 12-4 but the first pick won’t be a certainty. You’d just have incrementally more tickets in the hopper.

I hate watching teams try to lose.

1 Like

Texans finally have their salary cap in order so they have the ability to sign some free agents this off season. They said on the telecast today they had $65 million in dead money that came off the books when this season ended. BOB giving extensions to players that didn’t deserve it basically put them 2yrs behind rebuilding this roster. Its why you don’t give a coach control because they only think of right now and not whats in the long term best interests of the team.

2 Likes

But the Texans didn’t try to lose. Hence they won.
Either way, I don’t see anything changing w how the NFL determines the Draft picks. Pretty much standard as usual.

MLB went to a draft lottery this year so the NFL is the only league that doesn’t have a lottery.

1 Like

Just my opinion, but MLB free agency has neutered the importance of the draft lottery.

Explain to me how it makes you feel good that the Texans “won” that game? Did they give you or the team an award or something? Let’s see: A win – the team lost the #1 pick. A loss – they get the #1 pick. So, which scenario is actually a winning scenario?

1 Like

You know why? Because there are too many coaches in the NFL that still can’t comprehend the fact that it is better to lose a useless game at the end of the season if it means their team gets a #1 pick! Because of this fact the NFL feels there is no need for draft lottery!

1st pick, 2nd pick - doesn’t matter, just like the whole franchise.