Texans can't do wrong right

Lovie Smith is unjustly fired and as a parting gift to the franchise, by going for 2 and getting it he helped wrestle the number one pick from the Texans and gave it to his former beloved Chicago Bears.

1 Like

There’s no doubt in my mind the Texans were set on hiring McCown until the lawsuit. Then, they “settled” on Lovie. Clown show on Kirby!

3 Likes

Lovie took the Bears to a Super Bowl as a head coach. How many NFL coaches take a team to the Super Bowl?

I don’t have the answer, but common sense tells me most don’t.

Lovie took a job on a team that needed a total rebuild. There wasn’t much he could have done with this roster.

4 Likes

Lol

A “winning scenario” isn’t what people pay to see. By your standard you should intentionally try to get fired at Circle K so you can get the government to give you more money. People pay to see you win football games that they’re attending.

I’m saying to honor the fiduciary duty of your ticketing agent and have some personal pride in your work.

1 Like

Smith took a team to the Super Bowl in the past, but his most recent gig at Illinois was a disaster.

I would say that he deserved more than one season; all new coaches are generally entitled to ONE “freebie” sucky season when they start.

But the Texans front office felt otherwise.

1 Like

The Texans should hire DeMeco Ryans as the head coach. He’s done a great job with the SF defense and is about half the age of the last two head coaches. Plus, he was a great Texans player until they traded him away to Philly (and then his career ended early after he tore up his leg on Houston’s joke of an NFL surface). But then he sued the Texans franchise for their minor league field (and won) - so maybe they still are bitter about that lawsuit and bad PR?

1 Like

Yeah, but Tampa Bay was his last head coaching gig and he had two good seasons since his Super Bowl run in 2006. If you include the Tampa and Illini gig with his last five seasons with Chicago, he’s had two good seasons compared to his ten bad ones.

All that is true, but it was all true when they hired him. You can’t really evaluate him based on the Texans’ AA-ball roster.

Ok. Was Lovie Smith a head coaching candidate for the other vacancies in the NFL?

1 Like

People pay to see your team win a game that matters, not a game that sets the team back for years! This game is so useless that both the Texans and Colts organizations wanted to lose! Except an ungrateful, spiteful head coach that wanted to hurt the team by winning a game that he knew would set the team back as a way to give the middle finger to the owner, of course! If people paid to see the team win like you said then why all the fans at the game cringed when the Texans scored and Texan Nation is so pissed off right now?

If you think winning a useless game that sets the team back is a great idea you have no idea what you’re talking about. It is better for the Texans to lose this game in order for them to pick up the QB that they wanted so that they could build a future with him rather then ending up with the second best QB that could be a lot less lower in quality than the QB of their choice. Sort of like the Colts getting the first pick and selecting Peyton Manning with that #1 pick versus the Chargers getting the second pick and ending up with Ryan Leaf with that second pick! Do you see how important getting that #1 pick is, Forest?

Having the power to select the best QB could set your team up for a nice prosperous future for the next 15 years! Do you think this meaningless game is worth risking all of that? How is this win make you happy anyway? Did it push the Texans into the playoffs? Did the NFL give the Texans a load of cash?

Let’s put it this way if somebody tells you if you win a game you get a 900lb woman to be your wife as a reward for your winning, but if you lose you get to choose from a list of the most beautiful women in the entire world! Would winning that game still matter to you? I guess with your mentality you would still choose winning it simply because it is innately ingrained in your brain that winning should always be the goal, right? All I can say is that thank God you’re not a GM! Also, check out how the Astros become a dynasty by losing a bunch of useless games for three years in a row to get a clue on why sometimes you got to lose in order to become a winner in the future! You’re no Jeff Luhnow or any kind of a strategist, that’s for sure!

1 Like

You play to win the game. The Texans’ roster has 53 players whose careers depend on putting something on film that shows they can be part of a winning team. Doing anything other than playing to win is a disservice to them.

It did not set them back for years.

You don’t even know that the Texans have Young on top their draft board.

2 Likes

For now you win the longest post of the day. Official votes still being counted.

You’re wrong as ###. People don’t pay $300-500 to go watch you intentionally lose.
You can’t get away with that in any business setting.
Luckily I have 15 minutes of “pro bono” time to offer from my company, “WhyDoesMySemi-ProTeamSuck.com”
Some cosmologists believe there could be upwards of 57 billion inhabitable planets in the universe. Stripping that down by hundreds of basis points lets just say 375,000,000 have NFL leagues. There are not enough players on those planets combined to turn your team around. That monstrosity needs to broken and rebuilt at the office level. There’s no magical lottery pick or draftee that fix that mess. So quit rooting for your team to lose and stand up straight.

1 Like

That’s why there weren’t any texan fans in indy for this game, they wanted us to lose. And it’s why no one has been going to the home games.

1 Like

You must not have watched the game. There were Texan fans there and were shown on TV. Maybe it was 4, but they were there.

2 Likes

There were plenty of Texans fans there. You actually have to watch some of the game to know that. Upwards of 10-20 fans that i saw on TV :grin::smile:. Maybe more but those are the ones that i know that were shown many times during game.

1 Like

Oh, people are going to the home games. It’s just for the other team. I went to a few this season. The Kansas City game was the worst I’ve seen in 20 years. We were surrounded by Chiefs fans. I was actually embarrassed to be wearing Texans gear.

It would take a lot to get me back in NRG for a Texans game. I always say an NFL crowd, and a college game crowd are two different animals.

The UTSA game had an NFL feel to me.