Texans Football

Drafted Tank to my fantasy team. If I had started him, would have won my matchup. I am now a true believer.

There will always be hits and misses. My bet is Stingley let will have a really good career.

Stingley has talent, no doubt. He missed a lot of games at LSU due to injuries and that was the major concern in the draft. If I’m GM, I can’t risk a top 5 pick who may be injury-prone. That is why I’m no GM.

1 Like

Injuries happen and aren’t the GM’s fault.

Stingley got drafted because of how good he was as a freshman he was an injury risk because I think he had a lisfrank foot injury and basically missed his last 2 yrs at LSU. He was a huge injury risk and it hasn’t been a surpise he has been hurt a lot so far.

2 Likes

As a Texans fan and a Cougar I’m super excited about Tank Dell’s potential. He has a chance to be a star receiver, and he and Stroud already have some chemistry.

6 Likes

I know it is still early, but I would love for Dell to make the All Rookie Team.

2 Likes

6 OL on the injured reserve. Should get better as the year goes on.

Texans play hard and the offense is looking better each week.

Stroud is looking good.

I love how 31 runs–like he’s angry.

Texans never lost my interest, but I’m paying closer attention than I have in a long time.

3 Likes

And the Texans may finally have a head coach who knows what they are doing for the first time ever. Although I guess Gary Kubiak wasn’t bad in the regular season - he just was a disaster in the postseason.

2 Likes

1 Like

I give GK a pass, as I think that ultimately, those teams were not as good as their records suggested. Fact is, Matt Schaub was a slightly above average game manager. In today’s NFL, that is not good enough. The only person who I can think of that won a Super Bowl was Joe Flacco in 2012 (ironically, they last really good season we had). However, for that 4 game period, Flacco played out of his mind.

Manning’s last season was another; he was literally below a game manager by the end. He could barely turn his head to throw the ball. But the Bronco’s D was so dominant that it did not matter.

Green will be a bust, damaged goods

Kubiak wasn’t even bad in the postseason; he was just saddled with really bad injury luck. I’m still convinced that if Albert Haynesworth doesn’t fall on Matt Schaub’s foot, they wind up Super Bowl Champions in 2011. He got one year with a relatively healthy Peyton Manning and won it all. Dude wasn’t a bad coach.

1 Like

Kubiac was a one-trick pony. I was done with his offense.
His offenses in Denver were rated as some of the lowest in the league. Winning a championship with Schaub wasn’t likely.

Texans much easier 2 like these days w CJ & Tank.

" the first quarterback in NFL history to have at least 900 passing yards, four pass touchdowns and zero interceptions in his first three career starts,"

“this situation will continue to fester as long as players like Stingley and Green aren’t performing”

1 Like

I agree with you on that. That was our year man! Still makes me sad.

@ 16:20. CJ talk. They really like him.

1 Like

If I recall - didn’t Kubiak take the Broncos to the superbowl right after getting fired from Houston?

1 Like

I don’t know if it was the next year but it was pretty soon after.