Texans give Bill O'Brien GM Title; promote Jack Easterby

https://www.chron.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/texans/articleComments/Texans-to-give-Bill-O-Brien-GM-title-promote-15011119.php

It’s not like it’s surprising but I’m still kind of in shock at how that organization is run. I guess because they know that season ticket sales will always thrive in this town.

2 Likes

I wish I had the kind of black mail stuff on quite frankly anyone, that BoB has on the Texans ownership group

6 Likes

Wow. Clearly this organization only cares about money.

4 Likes

I have lived in Houston all my life but the 7 years I moved away after marriage. Keep treating the fans like trash and holding on to BOB too long and thry will see old Houston fans return, same ones that faced the Oilers.

3 Likes

Not that I give a sh!t about the Texans (I don’t), but can anyone look at McNair’s son (Longhorn Cal) and think he looks like he can run anything !

6 Likes

Having a semi-pro team in town means you have to deal with issues like this.

3 Likes

In other news…the Houston Texans have officially announced they are changing their name to the Houston Clowns

1 Like

Winning Division 4 years in a row means Bill Obrien had done some good and deserve a raise??! I wish I could do a have hearted job at work and get money I don’t deserve and security for the long haul. Cal need to sell the team…

That would be ideal.

1 Like

Bill O’Brien is the Texans dictator, a leader (Head Coach, General Manager, and Offensive Coordinator) who possesses absolute power. He now officially has total power over the franchise, typically one who has obtained control by force.

Texans have fired director of player engagement J.J. Moses, along with assistant strength and conditioning coach/performance therapist Billy Voltaire, assistant strength coach Jason George, executive assistant for football administration Eva Graham and pro and college scouting administrative assistant Amber Davies.

Texans previously dismissed senior vice president of football administration Chris Olsen, their primary contract negotiator, and outside linebackers coach-senior defensive assistant John Pagano.

3 Likes

And one of their greatest return man on special teams…

It’s a joke, man. He is the emperor over there…

2 Likes

4 division titles in a row is quite an accomplishment – if the division is any good. Most of the time the Texans’ division isn’t.

3 Likes

Tennessee and Jacksonville didn’t win the division and went to the AFC Championship. Who cares if you win the division if you lose in the playoffs?***especially when you have a 24-0 lead and proceed to give up 50+ 2nd half points.

Trying to win the division and hanging your hat on those banners sets the bar way below the Super Bowl.

8 Likes

Yep. Two years in a row they’ve won the division and the second place team went further than them in the playoffs.

5 Likes

Im confused. He got a promotion?!?? The dude lost a 24 point lead in a half and you give him a promotion?!?!?

TEXANS i have beach front property in Arizona id like to sell you.

7 Likes

This is why, I can’t and refuse to watch the Texans. Obrien is a joke and the Texans organization don’t care.

6 Likes

Did McNair graduate from Rice or did he drop out???

1 Like

I agree. No offense but I don’t see how Cal has even an average IQ or competitive fire in his belly. Texans don’t even spend near the cap limit. There is absolutely no question about it - they only care about winning enough to stuff the coffers.

3 Likes

As long as crazy Houstonians buy that stuff O’Brien will be there. They let the Aggie head coach stick around about three years too many too.

2 Likes