Texans give Bill O'Brien GM Title; promote Jack Easterby

I can’t get excited about this team. Too much goof ball stuff gets in the way. Thank goodness for NFL Sunday Ticket.

2 Likes

He got a MBA from the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management at Rice. They have the McNair Hall.

We had to wait for a while before the new FB schedule came out last season because Rice and UT decided to play at NRG. UH got on its knees and groveled before mighty UT and Rice and we fans got to watch UH play Prairie View.

This season we open with Rice, big whoop, while Rice plays the defending national champs (myth) LSU at NRG.

I remember back when LSU fans would sound like Aggies and say they would never play a regular season game in Houston. Well, one has to wonder what kind of incentives Longhorn Cal gave LSU to do the impossible and play Rice in Houston.

Hey, maybe in UH will play LSU,or Ohio St., or Michigan, or Alabama at NRG Stadium Iin 2021 season.

Of course these teams know what happened to OU at NRG. At best UH might get a very down USC or some other third tier P5 like Washington St. last season. Or maybe nothing at all and have a home game against a FCS team.

Question, how much support from Rice did UH receive when UT was wanting to build that proposed research,etc. campus just down the road from NRG stadium?

2 Likes

I would take Kubes back instantly instead of O’Brien. The texans at least had a good offense when he was here.

4 Likes

Or Don Capers…

BWAHAHAHAHA…what a joke.

Even more reason to care even less about the Texans.

2 Likes

So what’s next? A promotion to head coach for liife???

Geesh.

1 Like

McNair is laughing all the way to the bank. 16-0 or 0-16 he’s still making a mint. That organization has been here since 2002 and hasn’t even sniffed a Super Bowl, never even a AFC Championship appearance. They’ve wasted the careers of AJ, Cushing, Watt and are well on the way to ruining Watson and Hopkins…and there’s waiting list to buy that garbage

5 Likes

Peter principle

3 Likes

BOB is the the living definition of the Peter Principle…
But who can blame him ? Somebody is willing to reward Absolute Mediocrity, then cash the checks.
I can’t wait for his next contract negotiation, where he also gets part ownership in the team.
Stupid is as Stupid does…

2 Likes

Can’t believe that any of you expect anything better from that dumpster fire at NRG. Texans are the Oilers reincarnated. Nothing changes in that world.

3 Likes

Stupid is as stupid does.

4 Likes

The Oilers would have fired Bill by now, and Houstonians will turn on you once they feel they have had enough…ask Rockets, Astros, and Tennessee Titans. Obrien will get the pitch forks soon enough, when the people realize the franchise is going nowhere.

1 Like

As long as Houstonians think they’re at something important they’ll show up. It doesn’t matter the outcome. It’s all about getting your picture in the society pages of the Comical (I mean the first three pages).

5 Likes

Sadly, you nailed it…what a shame…

I see this a ton at Astros games. People will show up in the 4th or 5th inning, take a few pictures with the field behind them, then head out by the 7th.

6 Likes

Texans suck, who cares

4 Likes

I think it would actually be better if they did suck. At least when you suck there is the hope of a rebuild. They just continually hover around average.

8 Likes

This is the most frustrating part. When they jumped out to that 24 point lead vs Kansas City I swear they were over the proverbial hump. For a good while they looked like a team on a mission that could have won it all. Then B.o.B. happened. :expressionless:

5 Likes

The Texans are a cautionary tale at best. BOB will respond to any criticism or even a semi-difficult question with his ‘four division titles’ B.S. The end of Watt’s career and the start of McNair’s are both being mismanaged. This house of cards will come down and hard.

3 Likes

If they had jumped out to a 40 - 0 lead, the Texans would have still lost 51 - 40…and Cal brag about four worthless division titles to keep him on. If he win the next 20 division titles, the Texans will ask the NFL to put Bill Obrien in the HOF…

3 Likes