Texans give Bill O'Brien GM Title; promote Jack Easterby

after the joke of a playoff game where the Chiefs scored 51 points to our 7 after the first quarter, my group of friends and I were somewhat confident the BOB era might finally come to an end.

what do the texans do? give him a promotion.

un, believable.

I haven’t spoken to a single person who likes BOB, not a single one.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, BOB will use his 1st and 2nd round draft picks the next couple of years to beef up the D, WR, and OL. Well, he would have if he hadn’t traded them for Tunsil. Tunsil may be good, but he aint that good.

6 Likes

Don’t forget King BOB gave away Clowney for a bag of beans, and their pass rush was the teams weakest link.

6 Likes

Biggest problem with the Tunsil trade is that the Texans didn’t extend him before the trade.

He’s not under contract after the 2020 season. So you give up two firsts, a second round pick and several players and you may not end up with your anchor left tackle. After giving up a ton, we have nothing if can’t resign him.

Peter King offers a pretty straightforward take.

4 Likes

The Texans salary cap guy told Obrien to do this before he made the deal and he did it anyway. He was fired last week for not being a yes man to Obrien and Sith Lord Easterby.

3 Likes

We have to wonder if the Texans had given Duane Brown his contract, then the Tunsil trade didn’t need to happen and the franchise would have had a proven, experienced, LT with knowledge of the Texans offense and all the draft choices back in the fold. The question is whether Brown could still perform at a high level to justify his contract.

2 Likes

That is a very important question. Once players start racking up Pro Bowl appearances and they get older the production has to continue. In negotiations I’m guessing PB appearances are the main sales pitch in contract renewal talks. I saw that with one of my favorite linebackers, Brian Urlacher. He wanted long term deals and the Bears wanted 1-year, 4 mil type deals.

The production wasn’t there but it was hard to argue with his body of work. Texans made the mistake of thinking they were the Patriots and would draft linemen (build through the draft); they were mistaken, because it didn’t work after letting Brown walk, and it surely won’t pay off now with no early round picks.

Fire B.o.B. please.

3 Likes

In other news, Bill O’Brien has been named as the new General Manager of the Houston Astros also.

There is just nothing this guy can’t do.

2 Likes

He’s the Jared Kushner of the sports world.

2 Likes

I agree…

Danger, you are leaving the reservation. No poilitics.

1 Like

Bill O’Brien read 25 books on coaching…he’s got this. Dont worry…

Maybe so, but they sure are taking their sweet time.

But isn’t Clowny gone? Sorry, it’s heredity

I noticed that the initial SB odds for 2021 were posted. Texans came in at 33/1, behind such stalwarts of recent NFL success as the browns, titans and cowboys. If that isn’t an indictment against BoB and this extension of duties, I don’t know what is.

1 Like

BOB has as many division titles as Andy Reid, since he’s been in Houston. LMFAO - sarcasm

1 Like

I’ve heard they are actually moving to the Phillipines and becoming the Manila Folders.

5 Likes