Texans release Watt

Yep, he may bea snitch, or he could be a pretty good character coach. Either way, he doesn’t have a chance with the players going forward.

NFL in total has sunk this season. The SB got the teams the FL wanted and still it had the lowest ratings since the Namath guarantee. So yeah I thing this will effect the gates.

Saying that, classy move to allow Watt to leave. He is still one heck of a player but was still being game planned like a superstar here. Would be cool if he could play with his Teo brothers in Pittsburgh

Most likely he goes to the bears because his wife is in Chicago.

That could be an option but no guarantees she stays there. I hope he can finish with a good team and his brothers.

Green Bay more likely. They were in the Championship game and not far from Chicago

1 Like

He was a life long Packer fan and Chicago is their arch enemy; I don’t know if he would want to play for them. Besides, they aren’t a championship contender. On the other hand, Green Bay is a valid contender and is only about 150 miles from Chicago.

Then there is a possibility he wants to play in Pittsburg with his 2 brothers.

Why will they go away.

Green Bay, Pittsburgh and Chicago are likely scenarios.

Pittsburgh…How many siblings have the talent to play in the NFL, approximately the same age with an opportunity to play together on the same team? No doubt it’s a special opportunity.

Green Bay…Playing for your childhood favorite team is also special. It’s a short flight from Green Bay to Chicago.

Chicago…makes sense for the short term. What if his wife gets traded, then what does he do next? Perhaps if he signed a series of one year contracts, Chicago might work.

Could very well be! Given what a dimwit Cal is it wouldn’t surprise me if he falls victim to such a scheme!

Cal played football at UT and graduated from there; he got an MBA from Rice. What does that tell you? Maybe his helmet at UT was substandard. Maybe MBA’s from Rice are not that hard – if you are a billionaire.

3 Likes

This was the right move for both parties. The Texans are over the cap and cutting Watt gets $17.5 million off their cap number for 2021.

2 Likes

Doubt Cal ever had a real job in his life. Didn’t have to make any tough decisions…now it is showing !

3 Likes

The dude fired someone his dad had for 6 years…

What’s with the disdain for the sons of successful people? As if they can’t be successful in their own right without their fathers or mother’s.

The dude worked for Cogen Technologies for 11 years. In 1987, he was hired as one of the company’s first employees. McNair helped oversee the construction of several major power plants in the eastern United States, managing those assets in the areas of financial analysis and project management.

I’m not saying the Texans arent stupid. They are. I’m saying assuming things about someone is irritating. It’s borderline gossip.

1 Like

The business end of the Texans has been run as well as any franchise is sports. Hiring a quality GM has been the death of the Texans from the beginning.

1 Like

Only bowl the Texans will get close to in the coming years is the toilet bowl

1 Like

What? On a chat board? Who would have thought? Man, that’s what we do here for the most part.

As for Cal, I am expressing doubt about the guy’s awareness of what’s going on based on his actions as the head of the Texans. He has let some team chaplain take over and is ruining the team. That’s not smart, regardless of what he may or may not have been attributed to in the past.

2 Likes

Can’t believe people still care about the Texans.

2 Likes

Cogen was Bob McNair’s company he started. Nice post cal McNair :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people with fancy college degrees, but have no common sense!

2 Likes

Spot on!