Texas A&M to the B1G 10?

I think we might need to start paying more attention to the possibility of this rumor, especially if the Aggies + 3 of Notre Dame, North Carolina, Virginia or Florida State also moves to the B1G 10

We know they were “forced” to accept Texas but they really hate them so maybe this has been in the works for a while now.

4 Likes

Sorry, not buying it AT ALL…Nothing but clickbait…Aggie can finally play them again…and BEAT them…and that is worth more than anything else…Run from whorn?? Not likely…They hate them, theyre not scared of them.

4 Likes

It would be funny, though. :laughing:

3 Likes

Cue the UH to the SEC to replace A&M rumors. I might as well contribute to this nonsense.

18 Likes

Wouldn’t UT to the Big 10 make more sense?

Aggies’ biggest rival by far is the university in Austin.

What are exit fees to leave the SEC?

4 Likes

Not sure why UT selected the SEC over the B1G…they seem like an outlier in that conference in every single measurable category, other than football.

They were a perfect fit in the B1G…especially if the B1G knew USC would be joining them soon.

1 Like

SEC is the best FB conference in the country, and Texas wants to compete and affiliate with the best…so they joined the SEC…Interesting to see how they do the first few years…

2 Likes

I think texas will betray the SEC. In some coup in the future they’ll help swing Notre Dame to the Big 10 and the TV networks will start jackin’ it nonstop.

I think it doesn’t matter where the p2 schools go, they will break off and form their own tier of cfb with divisions and a playoff. I think the p2 brass/networks are working in concert to identify the brands they want before they do it, so it would be pointless for Aggies to move from the sec.

But the SEC isn’t the best in almost every other category which were things i thought UT valued.

They are the ‘fish out of water’ chatacter, in the SEC, in every other measurable.

Maybe UT of the 1960s would fit in perfectly but UT and Austin, in 2024, is a mismatch.

It would be hilarious if Texas A&M ends up in the more prestigious B1G 10.

Two ships passing each other in the night.

2 Likes

Which teams played in the title game last year? Other than UT, tOSU has the largest athletics budget.

Is it still April Fools?

Once Texas A&M sees the TV ratings when they play Texas, all the hate will go away…

2 Likes

I, for one, am not watching that garbage.

I still have never watched the UT/USC Championship game and never will

3 Likes

Big 10 only invites blue bloods

This headline made it seem like A&M was officially in the Big Ten.

Yes… a thank you to whoever added the ? to the title

Square Peg

Round Hole

1 Like

Not really.

10 of 18 B1G schools are “land grant” universities just like aTm.

16 of 18 are either state flagships or (as in aTm’s case) co-flagships.

And of course…aTm is a HUGE brand based on attendance, viewership, revenues, etc.

Better fit than you imagine.

Not saying it’s going to happen, by any means, but if it did happen, aTm would be a better B1G fit than you realize.

1 Like

Would Texas and A&M to the Big 10, plus FSU and Clemson, relegate the SEC to second tier?