Texas is legit, Gonzaga is not

We shall see. If they beat Kentucky in their next game. Then okay. I was wrong. Little bit of an overraction

But Sallis, Hickman haven’t looked that impressive to me

Malachi Smith transfer from Chattanooga, it might take him a while to get comfortable. Or maybe he just dominanted weaker competition last yr, and is an average high major player

@Pollardsvision they don’t look that athletic to me, is the problem. How are they gonna get stops defensively?

Drew Timme, Efton Reid, and Anton Watson. They badly need Reid to be a rim protector. Cause the other 2 are pretty average defensively

“Unique venues,” sure, but I think outdoor basketball should be limited to exhibitions. Wind, temp, and sun angle typically aren’t a factor in any sort of organized basketball.

3 Likes

Didn’t UNC Play a relatively close game against Gardner Web recently

1 Like

Can you imagine a Cougar/Longhorn Final Four or Title Game this year in H-Town?

The city would go nuts.

3 Likes

Could Texas struggle this year, possibly if Carr and Hunter aren’t shooting well. Teams can pack it in defensively and clogg the lanes.

But having a healthier Dylan Disu will help alot this yr. Dillon Mitchell is freaky athletic. For Texas to reach their ceiling, gotta be able to shoot it.

They’re 9 deep:

Marcus Carr, Tyrese Hunter, Timmy Allen, Christian Bishop, Dylan Disu, Sir Jabari Rice, Dillon Mitchell, Arterio Morris, Brock Cunningham.

Size wise could be better. But Beards team will guard you

1 Like

Freshman Mitchell is the real deal. Texas was pumped with the home crowd, but they look tough to beat.

Agree 100% on Parrish.

1 Like

Gonzaga was easy for them after scrimmaging UH.

5 Likes

CBS also put Michigan State 5th after beating UK lol

Assuming we win at Oregon, UT will probably be ranked 5th or 6th while Sparty is around 19 by the AP

1 Like

You are correct sir. UNC beat Gardner Webb by 6 at home on Tuesday.

I think the win over Duke was more impressive, but thats me

2 Likes

Just the thought of this make my mind explode!

Alot of these teams that are winning titles:

Kansas- Abaji, Braun

Baylor - Mitchell, Butler

Virginia- DeAndre Hunter, Ty Jerome

Have NBA pros on their team… does Gonzaga have an NBA guy on their roster? Timme? Maybe Strawther. Both of those guys could be undrafted tbh

Not saying Gonzaga is gonna be a bust this year. But projecting things, i dont think that roster can win it all.

For a less athletic team, Gonzaga should play like Villanova, slow the game down as much as they can.

But thats not Gonzagas style. They wanna play up tempo, but they dont have the dudes this yr to do that. You wanna get in a track meet with UNC, or Arkansas or Houston? I dont think so.

1 Like

We already handled them in a pre season scrimmage :wink:

1 Like

Fair enough.

Nice response….like you said, we’ll see.

I still expect them to be a top 10 team in the country at worst.

Mattress Mack bet $ 500k on the Coogs to win it all.

So how much will he win if we take it?

Actually he bet a total of 1.5M and gets a 14M payout if he wins

1 Like

Don’t know what odds get got……I heard them this morning on 790 mention it.

Have not heard of the other million he bet on them, just the 500k.

Would be great if he was available for buyouts and facilities.

The thought of ut being involved makes me want to puke :sunglasses:.

4 Likes