Texas Tech - opening line

I don’t the use of the phrase “weak schedule”. Every team has talent and we lace them up and play. Being Cougars, we know not to take ANYONE lightly.

2 Likes

Beat Tech and they win the b12. That will be good for us. Cincinnati run the table and we beat them in the champ game. Tulsa wins their ooc.

11 Likes

Any articles orYouTube shows predicting the 2021 Big 12 season predicts that Tech finishes 9th.

Only Kansas is considered worse than Tech.

UH should win. A loss puts Dana on not only the hot seat but maybe the beginnings of a Bonfire.

Having said that I predict a Cougar win.

2 Likes

Tulsa beating Oklahoma State and Ohio State, both on the road, a week apart? Nah.

2 Likes

Ah geez, you weirdos have me fantasizing about an undefeated season. Time for me to get back to reality!

2 Likes

This is a weak football conference. We should accept it and expect better results on the field.

2 Likes

We literally were almost ranked last year off of just beating Tulane lol. If we run off 4 in a row. And we should blowout 3 of the 4 teams, we could definitely sneak into the top 25. Not saying it’s for sure, but definitely not unlikely. Smu got all the way up to 18 by going 4-0

1 Like

We should go 4-0 and put “National Champions” on our stadium.

2 Likes

A solid win over Tech followed by an embarrassing loss to Rice. It’s the Coog way…

4 Likes

Lol. *8-4

2 Likes

its go time for Holgo and our Coogs.

losing to Tech is not an option.

3 Likes

I think anything less than 3-1 to start will be disappointing and concerning.

1 Like

The two-game road trip with Tulsa and Tulane will tell us more than anything. After those two games, we are at mid-season. We need to be 4-2.

1 Like

that assessment is probably fair, its still odd to see how far the bar has dropped at UH in few years… tech (projected 4 wins), tulsa and tulane and the bar is just to be able to win one of those …

3 Likes

Expectations are a funny thing.

In recent years, UH is 1-8 against Texas Tech with our lone win being when Case Keenum led UH to a come-from-behind 1 point victory in Robertson Stadium back in 2009. That broke UH’s then 5 game losing streak against Tech and now we’re on another 3 game losing streak.

So, it’s easy to see Texas Tech fans’ expectations of a victory over UH. UH fans - not so much.

2 Likes

Guys Marshall was ranked after being undefeated vs CUSA competition, stop being negative nancy’s

4 Likes

That’s a pretty weird stat considering we have been relatively successful against P5 in general for most of the 2000s (those games against TT go back further obviously). I’d have to look at the numbers but I’d say probably 50/50 wins losses or so. It’s time for us to convincingly best Tech at least I hope so. If we lose I think my prediction of a grind it out 8-4 type season is very likely.

we are like 18-13 or so overall against tech so we hold advantage, but they have beaten us a lot lately

The way I see it is if we are at 4-2 mid-season after our two most difficult road games of the year, we head into our bye before ECU. We can maybe go 5-1 on the back half of the schedule …and this schedule is one of the softest I can remember in my time. Look at what Vegas thinks of the teams we are playing.

A 5-1 finish would most likely require splitting one of SMU and Memphis at home. It would put us at 9-3, which is what I believe would be a good indicator that maybe Holgorsen has us going in the right direction.

To me, 8-4 would be underwhelming, but the equivalent of par. Anything less than 8-4 would tell me after year 4 and Holgorsen’s buyout drops to an even $1M, we would be looking for a new coach.

3 Likes