Texas Tech - opening line

8-4 in 2021 would tell me we are looking at 7-8 wins max in 2022 with a harder schedule. That wouldn’t be good enough for DH to stick last year 4 IMO

3 Likes

Texas Tech will probably be improved with their new transfer quarterback.

With that being said, GO COOGS!

beaten us a lot lately?.. Hahaha.

They have absolutely owned us for the past 30+ years. UH is 1-8 against Texas Tech over the past 30 years. Any advantage that UH once held over Texas Tech was from an era long, long ago - before any of our players were even born yet. In fact, many of our players’ parents weren’t even born yet way back then, or they were still little kids who can hardly remember that far back in time.

I know many of us are getting pretty old now, but some of our fans from the early SWC days are now starting to sound like Rice fans from back in the 1950’s…

1 Like

“Over the last 30 years” is a weird, cherry-picked cutoff, and it’s seemingly designed to include the early 90s, which were a particular low point for UH. Since the SWC broke up, it’s only 1-3, and one of those years we were on a third-string QB.

For what it’s worth, I do think we’ll lose to Tech, and I would have taken them at the opening line. I don’t think it’ll be close. But preening around about “we’re 1-8 over the last 30 years!!!” is pretty obviously misleading, especially when they only played us twice from Dimel through Herman.

1 Like

I repeat 8-4 (depending on how it transpires) may not be acceptable to Renu.

I don’t speak for her but appearances matter. If we beat Tech and fight hard every game 8-4 probably keeps the Dana Train rolling.

If any two of those 4 losses were blowouts, especially late in the season, then I’m not so sure.

Note: I think Applewhite could have saved himself with a decent effort vs Army. But how that played from a public relations perspective made his record a mute point.

1 Like

Those 5 losses before Case were JJ and Kim…Thats 30 years ago, hardly recent. they have beaten us 3x in recent years… and ONE of those was on road year after Case… …Still, we have lost 8 of last 9 with them, and that HAS to change and this year…

1 Like

Why go back 30 years then? 30 years to come up with 9 games? Stick with recent games if th3st is the point

1 Like