The Astros Mega thread for Cool People

We could win the World Series and I wouldn’t be surprised.

We could be swept by the Chisox and I wouldn’t be surprised.

This Astros team is as unpredictable as any I can remember.

They have a lineup that could bludgeon their way through the playoffs. Or they could go silent over 3 games.

The starters are good but none of them are what you could consider a true ace.

The bullpen has moments of brilliance and moments of wtf.

Dusty wins wherever he goes but he does things that make you scratch your head.

I have no idea what to expect.

1 Like

McCullers sure put on his ace hat in game 1!

3 Likes

I am very passively optimistic. Unfortunately the Astros don’t always fare well when they have a long break between series’. If we sweep Chicago I’m rooting like Hell for Boston because we need that home field.

Regardless of who wins the AL there’s a rough bunch in SF waiting on the other end.

“Glasshouse Gang” is an instant classic. Lol

1 Like

I’m the resident White Sox fan, and I’m rooting for a comeback, but I’m not all that optimistic. Our pitching has stunk this series, across the board.

GCWS

1 Like

Enjoy 2005. Not happening again.

1 Like

Cease throwing triple digits is a good sign. Cease the Beast.

LGWS

That’s a HECK of a wind up by the Houston pitcher.

9 innings. Enjoy 2005 and 1919 (ok maybe not 1919…say it ain’t so).

You do have Wilber Wood to be proud of.

I do admire you south siders, you would endure bamboo shoots under your finger nails before you change your allegiance from the Sox to the Cubs.

Much respect but we are going kick your AZZ.

1 Like

Hahahahaha

1 Like

Welp, looks like after this game I’ll have my sports interest down to a manageable level. Football and hockey.

:sunglasses:

Playoff baseball. Where time stands still.

4 innings in 2.5 hours… :yawning_face:

Game turned when Garcia (Hou) came in for Garcia (Hou) on the mound and then gave up a 3 run homer to Garcia (CWS).

Garcia-palooza

We will get you guys tomorrow.

Game 4, postponed because of rain. Outside of southern California, I can’t understand why any MLB stadium built after Toronto’s wouldn’t have a retractable roof. On the other hand, McCullers gets an extra days rest. Will he get the start now?

I hope so.

Who retires whom, Baker or La Rusa?

WOW! A ChiSox pitcher from the Houston area accused the Astros of stealing signs because of their number of strikeouts in game 3 compared to games 1 & 2 at home. I was listening to the game on the radio, and the play-by play guy mentioned a dozen times or more that the hp ump had a really wide strike zone, and the pitch just called a strike was clearly outside or inside. I also watched Gameday online, which tracks pitch location, and it verified this. LOOK AT THE BOX SCORE, MORON! 16 Astros batters struck out in 9 innings, 13 ChiSox in 8 innings. Houston scored the same number of runs in game 1 at home as in game 3 on the road. Chicago scored more than twice as many runs in one game at home as they scored in two games on the road. Did Chicago cheat or did they just have a good game at home against Houston’s #3 starter? A more important question: Did this idiot have an extra helping of stupid at his pre-game meal?

1 Like

I swear…if we make it to the world series I hope with have 40,000 fans banging on trash can lids at MM.

What a p### that guy is!

1 Like

And the Chicago Sun Times lays waste to Tepera.

Greenberg is a good writer. As are most of the Chicago sports media.

Incredible story about La Russa’s idea on sign stealing.