The Astros Mega thread for Cool People

Yep, Sun-Times cleared it up.

Hope this goes to 5.

1 Like

Anyone else enjoying FS1’s coverage. Less historical blather, more levity. Seems more natural.
More emphasis on the basics. My ten year-old even likes their broadcasts.

1 Like

Yes

Who would get home field IF the Astros and Brewers met?

Looks like Houston would. 1st tiebreaker is head to head which doesn’t apply. 2nd is division record: Houston 49-27, Milwaukee 47-29. 3rd would have been intraleague records.

Thnx. Didn’t know that.

So, given an Astros advance we want either the Dodgers, Braves, or Brewers. And, frankly, I’d prefer Atlanta of all of them.

Don’t want to go to SF to start the series.

Greenberg points out the ChiSox “still own the title of most scandalous team in the history of postseason baseball. Yes, the 1919 Black Sox Scandal.” Makes me wonder if the ChiSox put forth their best effort in games 1 & 2. After all, “They’ve obviously had a reputation of doing some sketchy stuff over there,”
He ended the article by asking; “What the hell happened to all the great baseball nicknames?” How about “Brainless” Ryan Tepera.
I bet his parents are looking for a great big rock to hide under. They must be getting an earful from friends and neighbors.:grinning:

1 Like

I think the gLAsshouse gang would have home field over the Astros. I’m sure it’s there somewhere, but I couldn’t find anything definitive on MLB’s website. " An LA Times article stated “a wild-card team is not permitted to have home-field advantage” in the division and league championship series, and “In the World Series, the team with the best record gets home-field advantage.”

Just win today. Celebrate on their field.

2 Likes

Having the other team be paranoid about you cheating is probably worth a run or 2. They are going to be changing up signs every inning and wires are going to get crossed.

The Chisox are going to set a record today with numbers of mound visits and the pitcher looking in his hat to verify the signs.

Dusty ought to just piss them off by calling for a pitcher search for foreign substances. Rattle their cages a bit.

1 Like

I believe it’s more about trying to gain an advantage by inciting animosity towards the Astros and their fans. Between MLB and people like Rob Manfred, Cody Bellinger, Aaron Judge, and now Tepera, I’m surprised someone in NYC, LA, or Chicago hasn’t been killed for wearing an Astros cap. It’s not unprecedented. I seem to remember a SF fan killed by LA fans (or vice versa) a few years ago.

1 Like

Damn those Astros are good at sign stealing.

3 Likes

Or are the ChiSox just good at throwing games? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Boooooooo

Funny, but boooooooo.

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, we’re poking fun at a Houston native who went to the same high school as one of the all-time greatest UHBB players. :thinking: He must have gone astray when he chose to play his college ball at ut jr.!

Come on Tony, now you are saying the Astros are head hunters? First we cheat, now we are head hunters, I guess we shot JFK since the Astros are sorta close to the Texas Book Depository.

White Sox’ Tony La Russa rips Astros after ALDS, says he wants to manage again in 2022 - Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)

Your team got beat, pure and simple. Now on to the Red Sox.

3 Likes

Don’t bring that up!! La Russa will point to the fact that we were the Colt 45’s in 1963!

2 Likes

And when you put 45 into these math equations using the year 1963 you get 9-4=5 and 5+1=6, which put together is 56. And 2019 was 56 years after the death of JFK. And 2019 was the same year the cheating allegations came out! Which means Astros killed JFK confirmed!!!

2 Likes

Root like Hell for Atlanta. The only team left that we have home field over.

1 Like

Greenberg is such a great sports writer. I really do love being in the American League for the match-ups. But there’s always that bonus of the great sportswriting in New York and Boston and Chicago. Sure you had the Mets and the Cubs but it just seems like the best writers cover the American League. Maybe just the romantic in me.

Btw - I dropped him a quick note complimenting him on his Tepera piece the other night. His response was in my inbox the next morning. He thanked me and ended with, “sometimes you just gotta call ‘em like you see ‘em, heh?”

2 Likes