The Astros Mega thread for Cool People

Now that I think about it, it was an NYC writer who criticized MLB commissioner and life-long Yankees fan Rob Manfred for covering up cheating by the commissioners team, and only going after the Astros and the Red Sox.
I wasn’t surprised when I read that. I found the two teams most suspected and accused by other MLB teams of cheating were the gLAsshouse gang and the commissioners team, so I already thought it suspicious that the only teams to be investigated were the two who had been ending the commissioners team’s post season in recent years.

1 Like

The Astros won game 2 and game 7 on the road in the 2017 WS.

2 Likes

Glasshouse gang lol

1 Like

Yep, and Boston won 2 at LA when they won it in 2018. '17 and '18 combined, the gLAsshouse gang was 3-4 on their own home field. They could admit that was a major factor, but they’d rather be hypocrites and criticize their opponents for cheating.

2 Likes

Cardinals fired their manager after that season?
Are you kidding me!?!?

“Philosophical differences.”

That means he told the GM he was full of ### about something. The guy led them to 17 straight. Do they realize how incredibly hard that is as a manager of a pitching staff? You gotta be dialed in.

I know that is crazy. That is not the Cardinals way.

1 Like

Never seen a pitcher with such a low delivery. (Giants)

That guy makes Dan Quizzenberry look like Tom Seaver.

No way to end a play-off series.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1448870859846848515?s=21

1 Like

There is no way he went around on that.

1 Like

Just another example of things MLB does to get the team they want in the WS to the WS. It’s a business and they want to maximize profits. Don’t be surprised if Houston and Atlanta suffer similar fates.

2 Likes

No McCullers for the ALCS. :frowning:

1 Like

That whole inning is a case study on criminal enterprise. The guy has a strike zone on the shins for 8 innings and the minute Scherzer comes in he’s calling strikes above the shoulders.

What a literal crime.

And the ending was as fake as you can get. The ump tried to rationalize it after the game. “I have to make a quick drcision.”

Lol

1 Like

Astros scaring me.

How 'bout them Stros, yo?

1 Like

And the Dodgers should be the ones crying about cheating! Without cheating their team wouldn’t be going that far in the post seasons the last few years!

2 Likes

The commissioners team even has the gLAsshouse gang beat. They also cheat, MLB also cheats for them… and they still can’t make it to the World Series!!!

2 Likes

Bosox got every break last night.

Houston vs Atlanta! Next to Houston vs Milwaukee, probably fox’s worst nightmare going into the postseason. :sob: One thing for sure: players and fans won’t be dressed like they’re on an Arctic expedition. :cold_face:

1 Like

Yea, its not their dream matchup. But they can use ATL as Cinderella and HOU as The Borg.

The cheaters vs the racists. Chop Chop!

I can just hear it now.