The Game Day Experience (not the game)

From what I could tell, they were have problems with the scanners. It took me about 20 minutes to get in. I had no issues with my ticket though.

This is the line to get into the stadium about 10-15 minutes after kickoff.

4 Likes

I agree with you about “Robertson”.

MEDIA RELEASE:

Attention all media outlets regarding the long-standing, much ballyhooed dig on UH regarding their perceived football attendance problems:

“It’s the mutha fn scanners.”

Pathetic. An embarrassment.

Oh, not supposed to say “Coogin’It”. And before kickoff even.

Will have to figure out intramural fields location. I think I know.

As a UH grad student (and not undergrad here), I never got into the full campus life.

1 Like

I think lines are common at just about every stadium I have been to.

Need to give people a reason to enter earlier. I liked the little margarita station idea. Will have to stop for a drink there the next time. But more in-stadium pregame activities, such as a bar area that has pre-game drink specials. Maybe a TV area with other games on would be great. I would go in early for that.

Last weekend had a breeze enough for me, but I can see the benefit of fans on hot days.

As far as design/decoration to not look high school with the beams, get with the art dept and create murals and art inside the stadium (or local artists as there are many well known Houston people and some with UH ties). I would work with them on that if they want me for a consultant.

It’s at elgin and cullen. In the north side of the lot is the intramural fields. Had Rice vs UH soccer and rugby going on there this weekend.

1 Like

And indoor tailgate would be cool. I enjoy my tailgate outside the stadium but if I didn’t have that, a place to watch other games and buy decent food would be fun.

Problem is the food sucks in general.

Food can be fixed. Can being the operational word. I have been to other stadiums that bring in more local businesses and have a bigger variety of choices.

Weren’t they supposed to close out Holman St? The street between the garag3

Tailgating is now thru out the campus where you can, it’s ok. Our stadium is very good and I like it. Most p5s tailgate wherever they can and we have room for the same. It doesn’t need to be right next to the stadium.

4 Likes

Crap damn auto save. I really think closing the street or better yet replacing the street with greenery would help with tailgate activities.

1 Like

How does concrete and beams make a stadium “look high school?” I think the word you are looking for is new, or perhaps modern. Both you would expect in an 8 year old stadium.

I’m not necessarily the authority on the subject, but have some relevant experience as I’ve seen UH games in 30+ different stadiums.

5 Likes

The red panels on the south side of the stadium do need a coat of paint, though. Looking pretty orange.

Nope, didn’t get modern or new from steel supports. It is not a new construction technique.

The outer paneling maybe with the holes and stuff for ventilation fits a more modern design, but not the steel support beams visible from inside the stadium.

We ride the rail and walk thru the lot filled with visitor busses and motor homes, tents and great food. Maybe this is the area you are looking for . . . . .

1 Like

If people can’t get to the stadium earlier and not 15 minutes before kickoff it’s their problem, I don’t feel sorry for them, plan ahead and get there earlier

8 Likes

May have to come and set up right next to you.

Go Coogs.

I’ve been to plenty of High School stadia and I wouldn’t say any of them look like ours at all. I think it looks modern. Having been to Tech and UTSA the last two weeks, I’ll take our stadium over either of theirs in a heartbeat. (Say what you will about our concessions, they beat the heck out of the Alamodome’s.)

I also think it’s a bit odd to level that criticism at TDECU while pining for the Rob, which was very literally an actual High School stadium.

3 Likes