The Houston vs Auburn Matchup

You do know why they call it a homecourt advantage right?

Iā€™m not worried about Auburnā€¦ Iā€™m worried about Sasserā€™s injury being the cause UH may lose this game :tired_face:

1 Like

Check Auburnā€™s March scores.

They allow lots of points. We allow 55 per game.

1 Like

Last night we were lucky to win bc it looked like we were going thru motions with lots of turnovers and we didnā€™t get the rebounds we normally get .

I think with auburn, weā€™re more focused bc itā€™s a 2 nd round vs a name brand.

My guess

2 Likes

Yeah, and Sasser was our best defender. So part of that defense is now missing.

NK was an excellent practice game and it was perfect for the Cougars. NK has excellent defense and 3Pā€™s as do the Cougars and it was amazing as usual to see the Cougars be tested and responded accordingly, Kudos to Coach Sampson, assistant coaches and the Cougars for a very enjoyable 1st round game. The second round game will also be entertaining and exciting to see the Cougars come to play, now that the first game of The NCAA March Madness Menā€™s Basketball Tournament is done. And now itā€™s time to play the second game of the Tournament and it should be a much better game for both teams and referees. Cougars have all they need to take it to the next game and next man up goes to show how well prepared Coach Sampson has coached the Cougars. Go, Fight, Win, Go Cougars!

Also, every game this season was special because the Cougars were always ranked #1 almost every game. Every team showed up in force to Beat the #1 seed team, The Cougars are Battle Tested!!!.. Now, all those experiences have sooked in and your play shows it. Memphis, UFC and Cincinnati are killin it !!.. Because the AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE is an awesome Basketball conferenceā€¦ letā€™s own up and show them WHOSE HOUSE IT IS!!!..ITS COOGS HOUSE!!!

7 Likes

Sasser played most of the first half and we allowed 27 points.

Sasser played zero in the second half and we allowed 25.

I rest my case.

3 Likes

Yeah, Sasser is really important overall but I think heā€™s more irreplaceable on the offensive end. Sharp and Arceneux arenā€™t the defenders he is but neither is bad.

1 Like

Is Ramon still on the team?

Is he the next G option off the bench???

he is medically redshirting (on the team but not available)ā€¦ after sharp and Arceneaux ā€¦ its elvinā€¦

if shead and sasser both dont playā€¦or we get in bad foul trouble with a guard early, i think we will use jarace as a 3ā€¦since we have 2 backup bigs we barely use in francis and bowser

The Vulcan Trophy, the symbol of Birmingham, sits in our trophy case. If we believe in Vulcan he will guide us to victory.

1 Like

Itā€™s not their home court though. Auburn staying at a hotel like the Coogs are. And Auburn doesnā€™t play games there. I like our chances.

1 Like

Canpus is 2 hours from here and they have t-shirt fans all around hereā€¦

They will be loudā€¦ But our team is ready!

1 Like

There wonā€™t be as many fans as last nite because itā€™s a single session, so I imagine Bama bought more tickets

2 Likes

Did you see all the Auburn fans against Iowa last night? It was a Thursday game, too. This game isnā€™t during the work week. Iā€™m thinking more Auburn fans will travel on Saturday to see them take on #1 seed Houston.

With that he if said, weā€™ve been a pretty good road team this year when weā€™re healthy. The key is whether our top guards can play defense.

Auburn fans were telling me that Bama fan will cheer for us, tooā€¦

But idk about thatā€¦

2 Likes

3 Likes

Tickets to the games in Birmingham tomorrow start $228 to get in the door. Next closest is $80 for Kansas vs Arkansas according to ESPN

Cheapest ticket currently on stubhub for BHam is $262 before fees.

I knowā€¦ Watching like a hawkā€¦ I think theyā€™ll drop some but weā€™ll seeā€¦

Letting Aubrun have a pseudo home game is some serious BS

6 Likes