The Houston vs Auburn Matchup

Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

are we already forgetting we played in San Antonio last year?

5 Likes

That’s what I told the AU fans

And Zona fans b1tched their a$$es off

We were a 5. Not a 9th.

3 Likes

so you’re saying it doesnt make sense to put teams close to where they play, regionally?

I dont get the gripe.

1 Like

Wasn’t that a second round match-up? It’s not quite the same as giving an 8 seed home court advantage in the first round.

I’m hoping Sampson is just using this to hype his guys up; otherwise, I think it’s stupid to talk about it.

2 Likes

Second weekend, so Technically the 3rd-round. NCAAs explanation in SI was lame. Interesting that no other 1-seed is facing this

2 Likes

where would you fellas rather them have played and how would you justify it making sense?

there may very well be other schools seeded similarly that had to travel further? I honestly havnt checked TBH just kinda fell like arguing about it lol

Probably both

It’s the NCAA. Always follow the money.

Michigan State, Purdue, Illinois, Auburn, Bama, Kentucky, Arkansas, UCLA, and Kansas got easy travel games.

San Diego State, St. Mary’s, Colgate, Princeton, Furman, UNC Asheville, Duke, NC State were not.

2 Likes

UH played in a 3rd round game as a 5th seed. Auburn is playing what is basically a home game as a 9th seed in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

5 Likes

follow the money, and you mention Duke and Princeton as getting the shaft?

we’re already making excuses.

we should roll Auburn easily regardless of venue. we played bad last game, our team will shake it off and our fans should too.

edit - lets just be headline fans - we won by 11 without sasser. :deepbreath:

Kyle, you’re every man
.wish I got to travel as much as you

Be loud and proud for us at home.

7 Likes

I don’t think we roll anyone in the NCAA tournament when our two best players aren’t 100%.

2 Likes

We may need minutes out of Elvin before this thing is over. He’s pesky on D and he can hit 3s.

3 Likes

and he must be our good luck charm b/c we’re always up big when he’s in!

man its it saturday yet?!?

We have 11 guys.

Next man up.

2 Likes

Remind me again, what’s our away game record?

3 Likes

Vulcan, not atlas.

4 Likes

Not the wealth of the institutions but which leagues bring in the viewers and cash.

I added Duke and NC State because both could’ve gotten Greensboro. They got Orlando and Denver. Let’s you know the ACC isn’t a powerful league anymore.

3 Likes