The Official Jake Herslow appreciation thread

Great young man and family. Met them at the Cincy game. He is good enough to play next level. He is now a Coog legend winning a bowl game against an SEC team!

9 Likes

He was a great pickup. Iā€™m a fan.

4 Likes

Itā€™ll be a long path but I think heā€™ll make it in the pros.

We donā€™t have a 12 win season (or near as many Johnny-On-The-Spot plays that make you go ā€œwow! what?ā€) without him.

2 Likes

Another great thing about watching Herslow is he is always having fun! Gonna miss seeing his clutch plays and swagger.

6 Likes

I only went to two live games this year:

1. USF where Jake made that insane end zone catch.

2. Today for the game winner.

So Iā€™m gonna take some credit here. I said hi to some of his fam at the tailgate. CDH had him going in motion and tight end blocking at the end when we needed tough ground yards.

6 Likes

I just wish he was coming back!

4 Likes

Thank you, Jake! So wish we could have had you here for 4 years!

5 Likes

I talked with his parents before the game and they said he was trying to get another year.

13 Likes

A team may use a 7th round pick on him, or heā€™ll be signed as a free agent, but heā€™ll make a roster. Heā€™s a special player. Weā€™ll get the chance to keep watching him.

2 Likes

Jake Herslow IS the University of Houston. An overlooked walkon that worked his way into being a very good player.

Nothing epitomizes the University of Houston more than Jake Herslowā€™s story.

I hope he gets one more year for my own selfish reasons (he helps UH win) but there is no better way to leave football than to catch the game winning pass against Auburn. It is a better way to go out than to have an assistant coach tell you that the Head Coach wants to see you and bring your playbook.

11 Likes

He would be a great receivers coach, if he doesnā€™t make a pro team.

1 Like

All the best luck in getting another year !
Go Coogs !

4 Likes

Jack is the blue collar working man that won! So University of Houstonā€¦"In Time " .
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

That is a good question. Should we get excited about the prospect of another year?

A lesson in betting on yourself. Make the move, be the person who shows up first and leaves last. Make the bond with the most important person in the building and never stop believing you will win. Love Herslows story!

6 Likes

A true life lesson for all Coogs ! All things ā€¦ā€œIn Timeā€!
Go Coogs !

1 Like

Yep, I saw that when he first made our roster. I bet ODUā€™s coaches feel pretty dumb about now.

Lot of kids out there who can play high level. Just need a chance to show it iā€™m glad they see UH as destination to bring their talents.

1 Like

Dana had some awesome words about Herslow at the post game presser. Herslow seemed to get choked up too I think he would run through a brick wall if CDH asked him to if it would help us win.

6 Likes