This SMU game feels big!

They would still play, but it would be hosted by Temple :sunglasses:

You are on record.

2 Likes

Funny… voice of REASON !

Vegas currently has UH as a 3.5 favorite over SMU

3 Likes

SMU is a great opportunity for CDH to affirm he is worth the $4mm paycheck and that this team is headed in the right direction. He can quiet a lot of critics if the team is ready and wins.

6 Likes

Do yall recall the 2011 SMU game when College Gameday was on Campus? Man, was that day electrifying. This feels the same. They are very talented and Dykes has no respect for UH. I say we make them pay.

5 Likes

If we beat SMU, we’ll have a one-game lead on both SMU and Tulsa as well as the tiebreaker with 3 weeks left in conference play, and SMU and Tulsa both still have to play Cincy. The odds that we bottle two out of three of USF, Temple, and Memphis and that either SMU or Tulsa wins out are definitely under 5%.

That said, I think SMU is going to beat us, and I don’t think it’s going to be close. But if I’m wrong about that, we’re pencilled into the CCG.

1 Like

I find this hard to believe given what I saw last night and the SMU games I have checked out. I predict a big swing before KO.

SMU has texted Pony parents to join them in Houston for free food and drink on Saturday night. They are pumped.

I am jumping on that. Easy money.

I am with Corso, I am picking the Fn Cougars

13 Likes

Grad 94/ Shasta’s big toe … like your confidence in our team …hope your both in for a surprise … I like our chances … Go Coogs !!

I was there for Gameday in 2011! Anyone else remember the crazy stalker lady who was there messing with Erin Andrews? When the cops came the idiot tried to hide behind a trash can… and we all could still see her! :joy: Love the Heisman kid and smoking the ponies 30-0 if I remember correctly.

Let’s not kid ourselves guys, this team is no 2011. I like being 6-1 as much as anyone, but we are going to get steam rolled next week. I’ll be there to root them on, but it’s going to be ugly. I’ve learned the hard way to never bet on college sports, but if we’re actually favored that might be the safest bet in America! :joy: Hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

It’s not the end of the world if we lose to SMU, which we probably will. We can still win our last 4 and go 10-2. That’s a heck of a year. I’d take it right now.

1 Like

I didn’t catch when Vegas opened the line, but it evidently opened with UH being a 4 point favorite. The line has moved to be a pick in the past hour.

The pony train goes off the rails starting this week and for the rest of the year !

3 Likes

Interesting scenario would be if we beat SMU, then SMU beats Cinci, thus locking Cincy out of the CCG. We win the AAC championship game.

Due to our SOS, could the committee place Cincy as at large in the NY6 slot verses San Diego state as the G5 rep , if the latter run the table.

You’ve seen the same things the last three years? Weird, i see a much different product on the field this year

4 Likes

If we win this, count me impressed.

1 Like

I agree, but would like to see a new OC and Line Coach.

2 Likes