Thoughts after first loss?

And the dude went baseline away from Reggie. He was never passing there. He was always going to have that shot.

Not true we shot 8/15 Ft and they were 12/15…I see 4 points but that’s not why we lost the game

1 Like

ive found a longer highlight real and already time-stamped 6 gifs… my gif maker is crashing but ill have atleast 1 or 2 up in a second

there is unquestionable… UNDENIABLY…hard evidence and facts, they were told to trap less… this was only a 20minute reell and already have 8/9 clips of us not trapping bigs in the post

We missed 6 in the second half. That’s your game.

Let’s see it.

It’s okay - he wanted to bench Edwards after one game because he missed a few shots in game 1 and in the EXHIBITION… he tends to have a few knee jerk reactions…

And oh yeah, he was worried about how we would defend Rice because CKS doesn’t adjust his strategy based on the opponent… or something… and that every non conference game was going to be a struggle after Hofstra … I can’t remember all the things said that were very knee jerk reactionary.

2 Likes

So you’re blaming the loss on free throws?

I am. If we hit all 6, we win. Pretty easy math there.

2 Likes

Co-sign. It seemed like we might have sent the double slightly slower to give the rotation a chance to start before the double but I don’t remember not doubling the post altogether at any point other than the play where Wahl worked Roberts.

We’ll see.

1 Like

my regular gif maker keeps crashing, i found a different one online but it takes forever…

in this speicifc clip… bilas notes houston is no longer doubling the post

you have to click the link, its annoying

That’s literally the play we’ve already discussed. We got worked and stopped doing that.

I understand the math but there’s a lot of variables to consider…let’s face it…we’ve won many games with a minute loss at the FT line…look this is a very good team we played…there are so many things that could have happened to swing the outcome…I’m not blaming refs…but this game had a few really questionable calls especially late

1 Like

Tough loss. I kept thinking this is feeling like that Rutgers game when we started clawing back in the second half. Then when Wisconsin missed the shot and we started breaking it out I was like. Here it is baby! Then the clock ran out and I was like WTF just happened. I hate losing like that. I would rather watch us get blown out. But it is what it is.

I bet whoever we play tomorrow will feel the full force of Sampson’s and the teams frustrations.

3 Likes

As to the timeout discussion:

Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) Tweeted:
After the presser, Houston coach Kelvin Sampson told me there was no thought to using the final timeout on the last possession. “I made the decision we were going to get it and go,” he said.

2 Likes

Then that’s all I need to hear. If we don’t stumble getting the rebound, Kyler ties the game up. That ran a second off of the clock just trying to secure the board.

Can’t we argue that free throws aside…if we hit one more 3 or denied one more 3…that’s the difference

1 Like

Like how they battled back. I am not upset by the loss. They need games like this to see where they are and what they need to do to get better. I want to see how they come out next game.

6 Likes

We haven’t lost 2 games in a row since 2017

1 Like

i feel you are going to nitpick ever clip i post so this will be the last (unless my regular site starts working again), … but here is another…not doubling on the dribble drive

to me its obvious, and i mean obvious they were told to limit the trapping…it was most notably to me in not the shot attempt, but passes into the post, that weren’t collapsed on… but held their own 1on1 and was passed back out… we still trapped, but not like the 1st half were we tried to trap everything even guards in the perimeter

Yeah. We can just agree to disagree.

1 Like