Ticket Count: Lamar

Lamar allotment of 3k sounds high to me. Would like to know what their actual allotment was

My guess is that they’ll bring far less than SFA or SHSU. We’ll see.

Janis Joplin attended Lamar State College of Technology in 1960 after graduating from Port Arthur’s TJ High. Jimmy Johnson, ex-football coach, was a high school classmate.

Maybe Alvin Brooks will stop by the LU tailgate.

No more tickets available for mini plan or season ticket purchases.

A bunch of tickets popped up in the 100’s and 200’s tonight; mostly singles. Section 122 has 3 together on an aisle available.

Ticket Count: 1792

100s: 34 (All singles except for 3 in Section 122)
200s: 32 (All singles)
North Side 300s: 113 (Mostly singles except for sections 324 an 333)
South Side 300s: 1613 (Sections 301, 302, 303, 304, 312, 314, 315)

2 Likes

Could those newly available 100 and 200 seats be tickets given back to UH to resale or are they just tickets UH never sold and for whatever reason kept them off the map?

Also, I don’t buy the empty seats in the 300 SE and SW corner sections. Looks like they are holding back in those sections.

Not sure on the 100’s and 200’s; just popped up today and they’re a bunch of singles spread out all over the place.

I agree with you on the 300 sections unless maybe a corporate/local group purchased blocks of tickets in those sections. Would be the only thing that made sense based off the number of available and where they are.

That is what Lamar had on their twitter account, that was quickly taken down and replaced with the tweet I posted. I can only go by what they posted. It may have been erroneous, so that is why they took it down. Who knows.

How about a permanent thread on each forum informing people how they can buy tickets for “Little Coogs”? Maybe a few more Coogs ( particularly OOT Coogs ) would help if urged.

It appears the number of OOT Coogs on this site is small. Any way of reaching them?

4 Likes

Lamar tickets are selling for $4 each (fees included) on secondary ticket site SeatGeek. I haven’t seen tickets in the sub-$5 range since Navy last year. Last year, brokers bought a ton of Navy tickets after the Memphis game, but couldn’t sell them after the UConn loss. That’s why even though the game was a sellout (all tickets sold), there were a lot of empty seats, particularly in the 300s. I’m guessing brokers bought a ton of season tickets this year. Good, in the sense that tickets are sold and money is in the bank. But for a low-interest game like Lamar, we may see a repeat of the Navy game where a bunch of sold seats are unused.

1 Like

Navy game was packed. Temple had some empty seats.

1 Like

This is a picture of Sections 305-307 at the Navy game. The timestamp on my phone is November 27, 2015 at 11:53 a.m. which means it was taken early in the 2nd quarter. These are prime mid-field sections with about 50% density. The corners of the 300s were particularly light.

Yeah, and there are extra people standing on the concourse. My seats are there and I can guarantee you that people from the top rows came down and stood behind us.

Over 2000 Lamar seats left on Stub Hub.

We might sell 38-39K seats and announced a good crowd, but there will be some empties. I’m guessing 33-34K butts in seats unless a whole lotta students show up.

1 Like

Interesting tweets for us ticket obsessors, lol

In 24 hours this place will be packed with 40K fans for #6 @UHCougarFB home opener vs Lamar. #HTownTakeover #GoCoogs pic.twitter.com/WXRcbnAWeh

— Hunter Yurachek (@HunterYurachek) September 9, 2016

Tickets are going fast! Go to https://t.co/gSPwPJk72J or call 713-GO-COOGs to secure your tickets now! #GoCoogs pic.twitter.com/gJLk55vPFt

— Houston Athletics (@UHCougars) September 9, 2016

Looks like you were able to find and zoom in on the one spot of the stadium with open seats. If we have the same type of crowd as the Navy game for Lamar, I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

Any counts on Family packs? My bro said they sold out. I am inviting my other brothers, Ma, Pa , and the kitchen sink to the game. Therefore, they would prefer to stay clear of the students and young Alum with the kids.

Kronke – Zoom in on your photo. Lots of completely empty rows at the top of the southside 300s in your pic, too. Navy fans did fill out the southwest corner, though.

Man… It is ridiculous the amount of people that stand in the concourse during games. It is difficult to move around in there DURING GAME ACTION!

1 Like

I went ahead and donated two tickets. Wish I was in a position to donate a few more, but any little bit helps. Would love to see an absolutely packed house tomorrow.

2 Likes

That’s a darn good crowd. I brought my niece and son to that game and it was a blast. Like TAMU91 mentioned, Navy took quite a few of those SW corner seats that Lamar isn’t going to use tomorrow. They may fill the endzone section where Navy is in the picture. I think the 305-307 picture shows about 70% coverage.