Ticket Count - UCONN

I’m just afraid we might have a lot of no-shows for the UConn game…

If a lot of people are buying the mini-plans to get the Louisville game, some of them may just skip the Thursday night UConn game.

There are people out there that will just buy the mini-plan to guarantee that they have a seat for the Louisville game :rage:

This is interesting. I wonder how this plays into the ticket count. The University is giving away tickets to Faculty and Staff. In addition to that, they will be selling additional tickets to faculty and staff for $10 Tickets will be reserved seating.

http://www.uh.edu/af/news/September-2016/HR-1.html

Looks like there are still UConn tickets available via 3-game mini-season passes. If you click on the 3 game pass, your can still buy UConn tickets.

Single Game Tickets Available: 1,081

A Number of tickets popped up on the south side in sections 305, 306, 310, 311, & 312. Not really sure why we’re holding tickets back at this point. Does worry me in regards to the corners.

Also, mini-game tickets are pulling from the same sections, but not the same available tickets so there’s more available.

Additionally, based off the link that @southpaw posted above, they may be holding back tickets for faculty that won’t be given away until this Friday. Means that any tickets not purchased will probably go on sale Saturday? Wonder if these will be the corner tickets that are mysteriously missing.

Not 100% sure why they are holding tickets back a week before the game, yet held nothing back for the Louisville game in November. Maybe the staff and faculty will take up the rest of the tickets.

Edit - Looks like they released all the tickets now. Not many left, really.

I sure hope UH can sell this one out as well.

Single Ticket Available Count: 768

Louisville is completely sold out, including standing room only now. According to the tweet the AD sent out, UCONN has less than 1400 left to sell out. 3-game mini-plan now allows you to choose from any of the 4 games left…UCONN tickets that are available are pulling from the same ticket count above.

UCONN is no longer selling tickets on their site so they have returned their allotted amount. Unsure if those have been posted as of yet.

Tomorrow is the faculty giveaway so there will be more posted once that’s over with.

Ticket availability:
305 - 97
310 - 205
311 - 362
312 - 104

https://twitter.com/UHCougars/status/779050574322872320

Flash sale, Uconn tickets for $20 -

FLASH SALE | @UHCougarFB vs. UConn tickets for only $20! Today only!! Less than 1400 remain! https://t.co/qbwHADQgYw pic.twitter.com/w5r4knak5Z

— Houston Athletics (@UHCougars) September 23, 2016

Sideline tickets on the 20 yard line (Section 306) go for $5 (fees included) on SeatGeek. Corner seats in the lower bowl (Section 124) can be purchased for $19 all-in.

There’s enough demand to probably sell out the game but not enough to fill it on a Thursday night. Hopefully another win at TX State keeps Cougar talk up and adds more sales and yield. I can’t/won’t come down from Dallas for a Thursday night game and take two days off work. Maybe for Louisville if we’re both in the top six. Waiting for Saturday games.

2 Likes

I agree. There was never going to be enough demand to fill the stadium for an early season Thursday night game against UConn. Tying the Louisville ticket to the UConn game through the mini-pack was a brilliant marketing strategy. That strategy will likely sell out the UConn game.

1 Like

Single Game Tickets Available: 621

I think I saw we’re under 1200 now for the game.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/jgdCoogs/status/779895321434263552

Single tickets available online: 536

Think that puts us around 1100 left based off the tweets the Department and Dickey are sending out. Still no idea about the 600 unaccounted for as they don’t seem to be part of the mini-plan. Suite tickets…maybe? Then again, there will probably be tickets that suddenly come available in the next couple of days based off the Lamar game.

Section 305: 81
Section 310: 100
Section 311: 305
Section 312: 50

2 Likes

I don’t understand how they are pushing for a sellout, yet not all the tickets are available for purchase. Also, they released all the Louisville tickets in advance, but not this game? I don’t know how all this works, but would love to learn. I am sure there is a logical/business explanation for what looks like almost random acts in the selling of tickets.

Could it be returned tickets from UConn from their allotment? I have not been following closely so maybe this has been eliminated as a possibility?

Blow up your social media…

Call in to the radio stations…

Work whatever angles you can with friends, family & co-workers…

You wanna keep this coach? Give him a sold out crowd & packed stadium to play in front of!!!

1 Like

Man there’s a bunch of 300 level seats on Stub Hub.

Scalpers who bought season tickets for OU and Louisville and miniplans for Louisville are going to take it in the shorts with UConn.

The upper stadium will look half full. And all those scalper seats are making it hard to sell the final 1200.

You dance with the devil . . .

2 Likes

I know it might looks bad but it does help us sold out games. There’s no guarantee that the general public would buy those tickets anyway. Plus, it’s money for the university. I have no problem with it.

4 Likes