Ticket Count - UCONN

Hopefully we have a big student turnout. Rush is over and Thursday is the biggest party night at UH so we can place the overflow up there to help fill in the gaps.

I hate the scalpers deal but hopefully those who were forced/will be forced to buy OU and Louisville on the secondary market will be encouraged to buy season tickets in the future.

1 Like

Single Game tickets Available: 387

Based off this number and the number that was put out this weekend, we’re under 1,000 tickets left to sell.

Great progress.

1 Like

Is the school taking donation for Little Coogs program like they did for Lamar game?

1 Like

Ticket count is meaningless. Butts in the seat is what counts.

This is incorrect. There is no other way to put it.

3 Likes

It depends on who you are talking about. The Big12, Herman and Renu would love a sellout but the players would rather see 39k sold an all show up than 40k sold and 35k show up.

I disagree. Tickets sold is number one in my book!

1 Like

I prefer no one get hurt and a W, but I’m wierd like that.

That reminds me. Wasn’t that cool at San Marcos when they started doing the “TEXAS” -> other side “STATE!” The UH side started yelling HOUSTON! :wink:

1 Like

100,000+ people pack into LSU stadium each week… and that’s with the fans/boosters being unsatisfied with the coach (who was fired last week).

Now they want OUR coach…

Is it too much to ask that we get 40,000 to pack into our stadium to watch the #6 ranked team IN THE NATION???

Seriously, if 100 people who frequent this board call, text, Facebook, tweet to their friends/family/coworkers and each convince 2-4 more people to go, then that’s another 200-400 butts in seats right there.

Use the resources we have available… Herman has used social media to level the playing field in recruiting; We can use social media to level the playing field in EXPOSURE AND ADVERTISING!

Do it for your coach… show him that you care and you want to keep him! We all know that WE will be there… but who else can we rope in to showing up for the Coogs!!!

3 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

I just posted a plea to my friends on Facebook. $6 for tickets to this game to watch this good of a team play is insane!

3 Likes

I agree with you that UH needs to increase the number of butts in the seats. Ticket count isn’t meaningless, but ticket sales is a battle that has been won. Official attendance will be 39k or more for the UConn game.

Given that the ticket sales battle has been won, CoogFans can take one of several positions:

1. Who cares how many people actually show up to the game? UH sold 39k tickets.
    ANALYSIS … Shortsighted. Yes it is good that virtually all tickets are sold, but UH could do better and actually get fans into the stadium.

2. UH sold 39k tickets. Therefore, 39k fans showed up to the game.
    ANALYSIS … Delusional I’ve actually seen this one, though.

3. UH sold 39k tickets. That’s great, but there’s room for improvement. CoogFans need to take it to the next level and get 39k butts in the seats.
    ANALYSIS … Pragmatic position. (This is my position.)

1 Like

I’m bringing 8 extra people to the game. If it had been a Saturday, I would have managed 14.
UH attendance is growing but given the current environment it needs to do so quickly.
I go through a list every game to get people in the seats. People at work; in the gym; friends.
There are a lot of people who follow UH who didn’t go to the university or who did go but are
not used to going to games; I TARGET these people.

I’m hoping for a sellout. The weather will be great.

4 Likes

About 500 tickets were sold from Stubhub today. That is great.

4 Likes

Single tickets available on UHCougars.com: 250

Means we’re probably somewhere around 800 tickets left at this point. Interest is picking up as we get closer to game time. Be real nice if we can claim a sellout.

As far as the butts-in-seat/ticket-sales argument: both are valid arguments. Butts in seats is important for a player/coach morale standpoint and an optics standpoint during the game.

However, ticket sales is important as well as, once you get past the week of the game, all anyone looks at is how may tickets you sold. The idea being that if you can sellout a 40K stadium for opponents like Lamar and UCONN, P5 opponents will have no problem selling out (and bringing in the fans to fill up the stadium). When other University presidents go to consider a University for expansion, they won’t be watching game film to make sure the stadium is filled, they’ll be looking at a chart or spreadsheet or powerpoint slide that shows tickets sold.

Not advocating one over the other as both are important.

5 Likes

I’m bringing my brother-in-law (Aggie) and his wife, plus their 2 kids, father-in-law and my nephew. So 7 of us total :smiley:

3 Likes

Expect a lot of unused tickets for the UConn game. A $4 ticket price is the lowest I’ve ever seen for a UH ticket on the secondary market. My takeaway from this chart is that UH’s marketing strategy of tying the Louisville ticket to the miniplan worked. A lot of people bought the miniplan only for the Louisville ticket. This is why the price of the Louisville ticket is holding steady while everything else is trending downward.

Many people will undoubtedly attend all their miniplan games, but a lot will just let the non-Louisville tickets go unused. Many people are likely trying to unload the non-Louisville tickets on the secondary market to get whatever they can.for them.

EDITED TO ADD: Like everyone else on this board, I’m hoping for Louisville to beat Clemson this weekend. If that happens, it will be interesting to see if the price of Louisville tickets spike once again like they did after Louisville beat Florida State.

3 Likes

Still hundreds of tickets on Stubhub for $6 each. I talked with the ticket office and they aren’t taking any donations of previously bought tickets for any remaining games.