To those that predicted that we'd get blown out

We won’t have a good enough DT to run a 3-4. Fleming can’t hold the middle in a 3-4. New DC should plan on running a 4-3. Fleming will need help.

I thought is was 1946 all over again. That was probably the last year Army dominated a team like today.

1 Like

I was going to post something about that prediction today, but I thought better of it. I thought it could happen. Smh.

2 Likes

I thought UH ran 3-4 because getting enough DL talent made it hard to run a 4-3. I am no expert though

To an extent, but the Briles situation would be happening regardless of the head coach. And Sellers claims that the DC hire is held up by the OC hire. So CMA is put in a really tough position. Clearly UH needs the buyout money, so he couldn’t tell Briles to hit the road. We may never find out, but if CMA sticks around I would hope he has at least one coordinator in place by the end of this coming week. If we hire both later in January, that wouldn’t be good at all.

That’s what some say. But when Ed and Carter went out we went from having 1 outstanding DT and one very good DE to having 6 average players. Even next year with Turner and Chambers healthy, we won’t have a studly enough DT to run a 3-4. Whoever it is will get handled with one-on-one blocking freeing up O-linemen to pick up LBs. If we put two average DTs on the line, our D-line will eat up 4 of the 5 O-linemen, minimum, which gives our LBs a better chance to make plays.

Look on the bright side: it could have been worse!

If they had not fumbled the ball to us that one time, they would no doubt have scored again, and the final would have been 77-14! They did score every darn time they had the ball, except for that one fumble.

1 Like

We need a spaceeater NT to command double teams. If you have that you can be an effective 3-4 defense.

2 Likes

Undermanned is one thing, but unprepared is exclusively on coaching. It’s acceptable to not enough talent, but the missed tackles, the failure to adapt to the opponent in game…that’s on the coach.