Tom Herman: I never lied once to UH players

It’s a free country. You post as you wish. If you don’t like the post you are not under obligation to respond.

2 Likes

As others have pointed out, the MENSA coach is playing with semantics. He has been careful with his words but he will have a difficult time contradicting players like Chance Allen who truly believed that he was not leaving.

I think, maybe, a more apt word to use for this situation is “deception,” instead of “lying.”

See also: Lying Vs Deception at https://livelikeagrownup.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/lying-vs-deception/amp/

4 Likes

Anyone notice how not one current UH football player came to his defense. Pretty telling.

2 Likes

But he said he had received support and thanks from “current players”. At Ohio State or those in the NFL??? I have yet to see any public support from current UH players.

1 Like

I’ve seen some thanks from current UH players, but no one supporting his side of the “lying” accusations.

Thanks for sharing. I only follow the coaches and the UH Sports Depts on Twitter so I may not have seen the re-tweets.

He went as far as saying he received calls of “adoration.” I provide support to my loved ones but I don’t think I’ve ever gone as far to show “adoration.” UT’s new coach is a calculating sociopath.

2 Likes

This Tom Herman anger is soooo misplaced

1 Like

Depends on how you define a lie. Herman hid behind his agent who was very - and I mean VERY - actively marketing him from the first day he set foot on campus. This allowed Herman to keep a straight face when making comments to his team, the press and others about his pursuit of various job openings. At best it was duplicitous. At worst it was down right dishonest.

Having said that I’m sure Hunter and Tillman will make darn sure we don’t make that mistake again. The terms of our next contract will have very big teeth in them. And the buyout clause will choke an elephant. This will also eliminate any casual shoppers needing a place to work while continuing a serious national search. Like Tom Herman.

I think the upsetting part is his arrogance. Does he really think everyone is so naive? He really thinks he is smarter than everyone else. While he may have been careful in his wording not to lie, he was definitely deceptive and untruthful.

3 Likes

This is a billboard on Leeland last night.

9 Likes

We’ve got the most successful senior class in program history

This class has been great and if you define “most wins” as “most successful” you might be right. But I would consider 2 top 5 finishes and a top 10 finish, 3 SWC Championships, and 2 out of 3 Cotton Bowl wins as more successful

3 Likes

He can claim he never lied to any players all he wants. But he certainly lied to some of UH’s top boosters, if you’re to believe the donor who the baseball field is now named after.

Look at the full name.

5 Likes

Ah, gotta love Wikiedia. Some may argue it isn’t credible, I would just argue it’s incredible.

Friends and I made some rather unsavory edits to Arsalan Kazemi’s (former Rice basketball player) Wikipedia page after the Owls beat the Coogs thanks to some flopping and questionable officiating.

1 Like

His real name is Thomas Joseph Herman

Lol.

Karma’s a bitch. He will learn that one day.

Makes me warm and fuzzy inside-

There are some out there… who have goals and ambitions in life… some say…It don’t matter how I got there, I am there… I disagree… It does matter how you got there. Its all about character.

2 Likes