Tom Herman: I never lied once to UH players

What was he supposed to tell us, “Yeah, I’ll leave ya’ll someday.”?

I’m over that part. The parts that get me are

1. recruiting UH commits now (Briles did that as well, don’t forget), and

2. Going after the media with a vengeance for reporting ‘rumors’ because you say it damages the trust you’ve built with your “family of players” and is a distraction, but having your agent float rumors like “Herman to LSU” the night before the last regular season game.

1 Like

I think doing what Fuente did at Memphis last year is probably the best way: come out and say that you’ll consider all offers in the offseason. Same thing that Fleck is doing now; same thing Fedora did in 2011. None of this cloak and dagger BS.

I mean, it still won’t feel good, but at least everyone knows that you’re probably moving on. It also allows your current school to get its ducks in a row and your assistants know what to prepare for. Plus, the players and recruits aren’t blindsided.

Kind of like giving your current job 2 weeks notice.

4 Likes

Cloak and Dagger is my issue. Character does matter.

1 Like

Great find!!! I actually am friends with a close relative of Chance Allen and that individual has said flat out that Herman lied to the kids and that a lot of them are trying to take the high road and move on.

This is a huge donor and has nothing to gain with these reports. So for me, it helps paint the picture of need of the man, bury him, and move on.

1 Like

Great point Patrick. These guys have integrity.
We all have to remember when the South Carolina leaks happened before the UConn game. I did not want to believe it at the time.
It makes me believe one thing now. th was shopping his services through out his tenure. Therefore he was not fully committed to the job. This explains clearly why we played some great games and some terrible games. Every opponent is different but there is no way that our team can look SO PREPARED and SO UNPREPARED. That is especially true with Navy and Memphis. We had huge problem against them last season and a year later you do not have any answers? I call major BS on these. That falls on the HC. Now we can clearly make the case that we had a chance at an undefeated season in 2015. This is without saying for THIS season.
Just think of the possible consequences of two U of H undefeated seasons?
th is a great motivator but an abject liar. He is no better than scumlin. That is the bottom line.
I trust Mr. Fertitta and Mrs. Khator. That is what really matters.

1 Like

Just look at some of the tweets from players. Some wish him nothing but the best, but others flat out called him out.

It’s one thing to entertain offers but entirely another to send your players into the locker room to quash rumors. Those kids didn’t sign up for that. Not their jobs to settle the team when you’re out trying to move up the coaching ladder.

In the end, those kids that called him out are the ones I tend to believe. While others may wish him nothing but well, they aren’t denying thebdeception that was LTH after the Oklahoma win. The deception started then and only escalated. He just didn’t have it in him to look those kids in the eye and tell them he was outta there.

1 Like

Set and done. He is a monumental liar.
To a 2015 recruit
"I am all in. We can win a National Championship even if we are not in a P5"
To a 2016 recruit
"I would like you to come to uta"
“But wait a minute you sold me on U of H”
"No, forget about that. uta, yeah, follow me to uta.
What a piece of garbage. Enough already, time to move on.

1 Like

Yup. Tom TURDman the carpetbagger.

We will move on, don’t you worry … all you had to do is be at the practice with the kids yesterday in the rain and cold. We moved on. The kids moved on: but Tom Herman has the morals of an alley cat. Character matters.

2 Likes

My brother insisted that if UH had made to the Big12 this year, he would still be here. I’m 50/50 on that. He seems to love the country side of the state for some weird reason. I still think that the area of Houston alone, is the strongest gold mine in freakish talent.

But, ole Tom is right about “never lying once” to the players; he lied to them (and us) all the time! Good riddance.

1 Like

No, he was going to Texas. His wife and he wanted the job all along. If the UT job didn’t open and we made the Big 12, maybe he stays.

“This class has been great and if you define “most wins” as “most successful” you might be right. But I would consider 2 top 5 finishes and a top 10 finish, 3 SWC Championships, and 2 out of 3 Cotton Bowl wins as more successful.”

Hard to argue with this, during 11 game seasons as well.