Tom Herman’s culture

They will beat Kansas. A winning culture and proper hydration insures that they will beat Kansas.

7 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1176731002

Ouch!!!
LOL!!

6 Likes

Who was the first?

Perfiect! Maybe he can get Chance Amie to transfer!!

Any way to access Orangebloods without paying for the “privilege”?

2 Likes

Charlie strong

Charlie Strong, another unproven big program head coach coming off a couple strong seasons with Bridgewater at Louisville.

He came from Louisville didn’t he?

No one can win without talent. If Herman doesn’t have it at UT, he needs to recruit it and pray he doesn’t lose his job in the meantime.

Texas has been a 7 -8 win team for a while. One of the reasons I hate recruiting and all the services and “insider” info is because you’re rating a bunch of 17-18 year olds who haven’t stepped foot on a college field. What’s there to work for at Texas? You’re handed everything.

There’s free schadenfreude at surlyhorns.con, apparently it’s replaced Shaggybevo.

I don’t know anything about the above. I do know that if a coach has an eye for talent, they can sign a kid who’s a late bloomer and in 2-3 years have a 4 star equivalent.

Some kids who are 4 stars out of high school don’t seem to get much better. And if the culture is one of privilege, that makes matters worse.

Herman needs to change the entitlement culture first and that includes the UT power-brokers.

1 Like

I feel like he has enough talent to defeat the Marylands of the world. These losses to them and Kansas is a coaching problem and lack of motivating his players

The lack of positive results on the football field would indicate that recruiting at Texas is not what you insinuate it to be.

31, 7, 12, 20, 24 That averages out to 16th nationally in the time frame. Maybe not a national title contender, but they’ve only had two winning seasons in the last 5 years. If you factor in their resources it’s one of the most under performing programs in the nation.

3 Likes

Lack of talent is NOT the problem.
They’ve never had to “rebuild.”

3 Likes

Thank you was wondering what happened to shaggy.

This is a great thread to read if you can stomach 300 posts from ticked off horn fans.

Warning - board is uncensored so lots of profanity describing their 23rd ranked team’s game today.

What happened…kisses not working !!

2 Likes

“Our commitment to mediocrity is impressive.”

“Rename the team The Browns.”

LOL

2 Likes