Tom Herman’s culture

If the players aren’t buying in to what he’s trying to do, it doesn’t matter how talented they are.

Some golden posts on their from horn fan. I like this one very on the nose, post #207:

"Tom Herman lost back 2 back games to ******* Maryland. That’s all the proof I need. He’s the next Charlie strong. It’s absolutely ******* retarded that we take in more money than other program and have been playing .500 ball for 8 years. CDC needs to make a difference, because what we have now is aggy level."

:laughing:Haha the myopia… They actually have to go up to reach ATM level. That program had the #1 overall NFL pick just last year. I haven’t heard of any UT prospects almost this entire decade and they’re on coach #3 in six years.

1 Like

I can’t imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to take the UT job besides the money. The donor culture and their expectations are ridiculous.

1 Like

Wonder, with Del Conte there, if they’ll make a push for Gary Patterson. He’s sort of never lined up perfectly with that job where it made sense for him to go there, but that time may be aligning this year or next.

1 Like

This is a good one: The SMO: There are no refunds for this snake oil - Burnt Orange Nation

1 Like

Patterson ain’t going anywhere.

Del Conte is a tool !

1 Like

Ahhhh…that was sooooo wonderfully pleasant to skim through. LOL

rumor has it shaggy is run by an aggie now or something. on second thought, who gives a ratass! LOL

Beautiful! Maybe he can start smooching them all after a loss.

For the life of me I have no idea how Diehardcoog hasn’t contributed to this thread. :grin::grin::grin::joy::joy:. Hello hello anybody home!

2 Likes

You’re kidding, right? UT has 4 & 5 star players coming out of their ears.

2 Likes

I think that when the players saw how he rewarded UH players who tore out their hearts and gave it to him, they realized he was a tinhorn fraud. He lost all cred.

7 Likes

That thread was MENSAtional

Texas is not winning the way everyone (at least football fans in the State of Texas) expects them to win under the assumption that they get their choice of high school players every year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/amp/Finger-Tom-Herman-still-smarter-than-rest-of-us-13199580.php

Wow!

Sounds like he’s tired of LTH’s BS!

4 Likes

Several reasons for his lack of success but there is still time.

1. The Culture he sold at Houston was a perfect fit at Houston, at the right time. The chemistry was perfect. He needs a new message for UT and has not found anything compelling to motivate thier 5 star recruits. He needs to find Greg Ward, Vince Young, Tim Tebow type to lead his team. Thw best QB is not necessarily the best person. It takes character!

2. He was lucky to have Greg Ward, Elandon Roberts, The Jack Boyz, who made him look good. Greg Ward made his offense look good. Heart and determination count for allot absent the right players. He better find some of both.

3. Houston bought in immediately giving Tom thier hearts. He lost credibility for his message stabbing Houston in the back. His message no longer appears genuine. You just can’t say what he said at Houston and walk away expecting a more skeptical group of athletes to buy the same snake oil that was just exposed as bullshit.

9 Likes

He might just come for briles when the season ends. Becks days are numbered.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like