Tom Herman’s culture

I don’t think UT would get rid of TH this year with a 5-7 or 6-6 season but he definitely be on a serious hot seat next year.

Tom Herman will be given a 3rd year even with a .500 record given his contract. But he will be the hot seat big time. He needs a better more athletic quaterback.

He doesn’t come across as the tough guy coach with the tough as nails culture like he did in Houston. He comes across as little and disingenuous and irritatingly arrogant.

He just doesn’t get the UT job. It will never be Tom Herman’s program because he will never live up to Royal’s ghost. No one ever does.

Herman is in way over his head.

4 Likes

More circle drills solve everything

12 Likes

Add Kenneth Farrow to that list.

7 Likes

Perhaps when you preach “Respect Women” and then disrespect your wife among all women by going to a strip club with a known domestic abuser, your team starts to take you with a grain of salt?

10 Likes

So this was a reply to the statement that Herman was successful at UH because of Ward. So my comment should be taken in that context.

P.S.
Texas may be the poster child for why star ratings aren’t the be all end all measure of talent.

2 Likes

Things will change in cow town come Monday, September 3.

1. Everyone on the team lines up for a pee test. Coach Herman wants to find out who has been a bad teammate. The Maryland game proved the cows still have a roster of bad teammates.

2. Circle drill immediately after the pee test. QBs are first in the circle. Next, the Easter Bunny will tangle with Santa Claus. If Santa loses, no ones gets presents on the 40 acres. If the Easter bunny loses, then hand over your Easter baskets.

3. Post-circle drill. Line up for kisses. Hugs and kisses make everything alright. Fire up the Captain and Tennille, “Love Will Keep Us Together.”

4. TH will only play the kids that “play really, really hard for the guy next to them.” If you can’t play really, really hard, then take a seat. There is a 5-star recruit waiting to take your job because he will play really, really hard for the guy next to him. It’s the culture. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Only the players that “trust their training” and “finish” will compete on game day.

5. Post-practice, every player is moving out of the new field house and TH will take a sledge hammer to the the $100,000 lockers. From now on, cardboard boxes, i.e., moving boxes, will be used as lockers. This will prove that players will be moving on if they don’t play really, really hard for the guy next to them, or if they fail the pee test. Bad teammates are moving out.

6. The entire squad will be eating runny eggs, burned bacon, 25-day old bananas, and drinking sour milk. No more pizza at halftime during a rain delay.

Yes sir, things will be changing in Austin, come Monday. Fernando Lovo is getting the pee cups ready.

Go Coogs. Peace.

27 Likes

I nominate this for post of the week.

2 Likes

Shawn, that was truly excellent!

2 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

Or the whole shaker.

Money is not the issue with uta. In case a proven Coach with National titles decides to leave you can be sure the phone lines will be burning.

You kind of lose credibility in the first place when you’re shown to be kissing your players on the cheek to show that you love them on national TV and then #eyetwitch minutes later when asked if you’re making plans to leave them.

16 Likes

You think they would make a run at Nick Saban again ?!

1 Like

In case the opportunity presents itself you can be sure. Losing twice in a row to Maryland is not good for any P5 Coach. This is especially true at the PUF funded uta cess pool.

1 Like

Herman and UT will be ranked 10th next year on AP pre season poll if they go 6-6.

12 Likes

Didn’t Texas Football have TH on the cover calling him a mastermind? So far I guess he has masterminded a large contract and constant TV appearances on the LHN.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t know…

“Irritatingly arrogant” should fit in perfectly @ ut …IMHO

4 Likes