Tom Herman stresses he deceived no one at UH before taking UT job

Sooo, we were to expect something other than a deceptive irrational statement from Judas?

2 Likes

While Judas got his bag of gold and is quite wealthy, he does not have the thing that is most important to him, respect to fuel his ego. He couldn’t even stay employed as the Chicago Bears analyst and “special projects” coach job.

He is currently unemployed.

1 Like

Heard he had to sell his grill to buy food.

1 Like

And the spotlight

1 Like

My guess is he sold his grill on eBay right after the Memphis game in 2016

2 Likes

Last Football conference championship UH won was 7 years ago under Tom Herman. Before he came here, UH had gone almost a decade without a conference title.

His teams beat Florida State, Oklahoma, etc and won our first major bowl in 30 years. Defeated at least three ranked teams in conference. Those young men will remember those moments.

His record shows he is the most accomplished head coach here since Yeoman.

Glad that he came here. Get over it, stop whining and move on.

10 Likes

You attribute way to much to what tom did with Levines recruits. Sure, he smooched with the players and inspired them to play for “daddy”. Elandon Roberts probably had more to do with our success than tommy boy.

Worst betrayal and lying exhibition ever in UH history. What we really remember is how he left. So no, I will not take your “advice” and get over it.

4 Likes

People can criticize him all they want, and it’s deserved, BUT the man brought a mentality our teams hadn’t had in some time; toughness. They ran the ball when they wanted to, and they stopped the run.

7 Likes

And Greg Ward, I’d say.

6 Likes

Ed Oliver

and honestly
I’m not so sure Lavine wouldn’t have had the same success. I still feel like we cut bait on him before we should have.

5 Likes

I have heard the same thing from one of the players on his team

1 Like

Levine said that he told the administration that the 2015 team would be special.

1 Like

Loved Levine and he may well have done great in 2015, but losing big to USTA in the grande opening of TDECU and then the homecoming game against Tulane turned a lot of folks off.
The one thing Herman brought from OSU was a big national name and then he hired Orlando who really turned our defense completely around.
I got caught up in the Herman hype in 2015. He won games and said all the right things bringing our program national headlines.
But we just weren’t meant to have nice things in 2016 and he ruined everything with roaming eyeballs.
Herman could have been a legend here had we made the playoffs that year. Wins over OU and Louisville could have put us there.

2 Likes

I have a hard time with the idea he would have been a legend here because I am not sure year 3 and 4 wouldn’t have caught up with him. Think his hype and the team he inherited got him through 2015 then 2016 had all kinds of question marks. Could he have sustained what happened in 2015? That is the real question. Personally after watching him at Texas I dont think so. I know TU is a different animal but so are we.

1 Like

Levine would not have had the success LTH had mainly because he didn’t have the budget to get the same type of staff LTH had. I often wondered how he would have done had he not been budget strapped from day one.

As for LTH not misleading UH, I will just quote Ed Oliver who said, “Why you lied to us coach?” Or you can just pull up the clip when he lied on camera.

5 Likes